• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,558 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Anyone know him? Those are pretty incredible books to come out of nowhere

14 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Both relisted books are now gone...

No, but I have seen him post large batches of nice Golden Age books in the past. However, this selling, then relisting, then marking sold, and private bidding...not a good look.

Though I have not been dealing in GA that long -- definitely not as long as many on this forum -- as of late it seems to have become extremely cutthroat, dubious, and rife with drop-ship type consumers.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

No, but I have seen him post large batches of nice Golden Age books in the past. However, this selling, then relisting, then marking sold, and private bidding...not a good look.

Though I have not been dealing in GA that long -- definitely not as long as many on this forum -- as of late it seems to have become extremely cutthroat, dubious, and rife with drop-ship type consumers.

Yes, it has. A lot of people in for the short term small profit. Prices are nuts now. I have slowed down a lot of the better Atomic Age stuff. Luckily, I bought most of it years ago and don't need much anymore. The hobby used to be a lot more fun...:sorry:

8 hours ago, manetteska said:

Too many red flags with this seller, nice books, but an easy pass for me.

8 hours ago, manetteska said:

Unfortunately this type of behavior has always been around. 

Really on items at this price point, none. 

But theoretically it can run cover for shill bidding.  One might be less inclined to go all in if you see you're up against bidders with very little (or no) feedback.

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Really on items at this price point, none. 

But theoretically it can run cover for shill bidding.  One might be less inclined to go all in if you see you're up against bidders with very little (or no) feedback.

But doesn't it also go the other way? People are usually less inclined to bid if they see hidden/private bidders b/c of the shill assumption.

11 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Let me shed some light on this.

I won the GS 13 and the DS 11. When I tried to pay, ebay wouldn't let me, saying I would have to lose one of the purchases. It still didn't work. Dave called ebay the next day but no go. Ebay couldn't fix it. 

Dave told me he set it up as a BIN with my final hammer price. I tried but it didn't work. I go to the boards and find a link to the auctions on this thread. I put in 2 bids.

When I go back to my emails, it tells me I've won the auctions.

I have no explanation for this and since I got what I wanted, I didn't query Dave any more.

Throughout Dave was courteous, patient and friendly. I hope he posts more of his magnificent books.

The DS was an upgrade, while I have been on the hunt for a GS 13 ever since I foolishly sold my original low grade copy that I bought for $5.00, a long time ago.

Weird eBay glitch? Glad you eventually ended up with both books you originally won at auction. Let us know when they show up.

12 hours ago, comicnoir said:

I won the GS 13 and the DS 11. When I tried to pay, ebay wouldn't let me, saying I would have to lose one of the purchases. It still didn't work. Dave called ebay the next day but no go. Ebay couldn't fix it. 

Dave told me he set it up as a BIN with my final hammer price. I tried but it didn't work. I go to the boards and find a link to the auctions on this thread. I put in 2 bids.

I have no explanation for this and since I got what I wanted, I didn't query Dave any more.

Throughout Dave was courteous, patient and friendly. I hope he posts more of his magnificent books.

The DS was an upgrade, while I have been on the hunt for a GS 13 ever since I foolishly sold my original low grade copy that I bought for $5.00, a long time ago.

Congrats Ron(thumbsu That GS 13 is a special book and the best copy I have seen of it. 

56 minutes ago, MBFan said:

It wasn't $10. eBay lists it at the opening bid price, despite it selling for a much higher offer (from me). 

Deja vu on this forum. Again and again and again....

9 hours ago, october said:

Legit feel e-stalked at this point. 

Pretty sure Pointfive is in my backyard bushes. 

Hey, what did I do?

(They could really use a watering BTW.)

On 8/8/2019 at 11:39 PM, comicnoir said:

I managed to win 2 of Dave's books.  https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/419401-n2wdws-tales-of-the-comic-book-room/page/56/#comments

(you have to scroll towards the bottom of the page)  I also hope he posts more books.  Are these from his personal collection, do you know?