• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Nice looking book. CR 2 just recently entered OS Top 10 Crime books. Worth every penny, and no I didn't win it.

11 hours ago, szav said:

I though most of the St. John stuff was destroyed in a fire then a basement flood... I think another boardie recounted the incidents previously.

Why is the phantom lady stuff presumed destroyed? It seems likely ... can’t recall seeing much if any Fox Feature Syndicate OA.

Seems like the most realistic option for someone hunting for Baker OA would be flamingo strips or FH/Iger shop interior pages.

Yeah I’m thinking about grabbing a Flamingo strip. Not many other options.

6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Been a while (work, work, work, work, work, work and, also, work). Some of you probably saw the raw Bakers on eBay a month or two ago. Some real red flags -- why not get these books graded first? why a private auction? -- but a veteran seller, so I thought I'd roll the dice. Ended up winning only the GS 10. Offered as an 8.0, but he was clearly overgrading, so I expected lower.

Quite happy with how it turned out. With an auction like that, you can hear a PLOD beating its wings in the distance. Luckily, it turned out to just be the wind.

2062002-001F.JPG

I love this book. Is this the highest graded now?

14 hours ago, Point Five said:

I bid, but dropped out under $1000. 

14 hours ago, comicnoir said:
15 hours ago, Point Five said:

Nice looking book. CR 2 just recently entered OS Top 10 Crime books. Worth every penny, and no I didn't win it.

I'll take your word for it, but seems awfully high to me. With 28 copies on the census, it's not a super scarce book. But I guess when you're hot, you're hot. 

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I'll take your word for it, but seems awfully high to me. With 28 copies on the census, it's not a super scarce book. But I guess when you're hot, you're hot. 

It's hot and not going away. Since other Bakers are getting nosebleed, this, with a classic cover and SOTI designation seems like the next logical price hike. I actually like the #3 a lot. Much harder to find.

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

I am glad I already bought a GS10 and GCE12.  Here is my last Baker book from Bunky Brian at 2019 SDCC before the doors opened for regular attendees.  Since my name is Ray, I had to buy this book.

604199831_PictorialRomances6.thumb.jpg.b3e274228eaeaecf59bd734a2d91fe8b.jpg

:gossip: Apparently Dorothy's two-timing you. 

23 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

She's five timing me.  She is looking for the guys with the best Matt Baker collection, like Sqeggs and Ricksneatstuff.

Reminded me of this.

226188.jpg

Oh there’s at least 10 guys here that have me beat but... if it were based on a compilation of all the Bakers I’ve had I wouldn’t do too bad :foryou:

I didn't win it, should have gone strong but there were so many other even more enticing books to me.

You remember, surely?  The famous Cindrella Love #25 6.0, ridiculously mis-labeled, highest graded at the time?  GCE 12 4.0?  And that beautiful TAT #1 8.5, hmmm?   :devil:

And others.  Oh what a night!

Give me a bit to run down what happened, I've got it in a file in a folder somewhere, and I'll lay it out for you in all its glorious romance Baker-ness.

Edited by Dr. Love