• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,547 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

the die hard Ebay romance guys who never did make it to the boards

At least one of them finally did....  I had been stalking the Boards for quite a while before the CGC Board update/revamp.

I won a Flyin Jenny, GS12, TAR37, and TAR39 in 2013.  Does not look like I won any of the books in that particular group, but I have won others from Sparkle City.

8 hours ago, Dr. Love said:
12 hours ago, Daniel Boshell said:

I did purchase my first Romance book recently from Heritage last month.

71A99F73-2CD6-4B55-9BFC-D8118B6BD365.jpeg

Nice - one of the best Ace painted covers.  White pages.  And a Carson City to boot!  :applause:

Beautiful book, but there's something about this one that reminds me of a certain doctor . . .

CompleteLove.v.26#2.jpg

1 hour ago, october said:

Nice result on that 2.0 CL 25.

$4000

Yet with people paying 11k for Mask #1 cgc 3.0s (apparently) it almost seems strangely low for the premier Baker book to get 4k for what was a really nice looking 2.0...

Maybe I'm just biased towards Baker vs Cole, and have gotten too used to ridiculous prices for everything and have too high an expectation for it all now.

Edited by szav

29 minutes ago, szav said:

Yet with people paying 11k for Mask #1 cgc 3.0s (apparently) it almost seems strangely low for the premier Baker book to get 4k for what was a really nice looking 2.0...

Maybe I'm just biased towards Baker vs Cole, and have gotten too used to ridiculous prices for everything and have too high an expectation for it all now.

Lovely Baker cover vs horror cover by LB Cole

Sexy and horrific will usually go for more than lovely.

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

Beautiful Baker cover vs ugly horror cover.

Ugly wins.

Does anyone have a clue to what percent of these crazy prices on horror/ violent stuff is speculation driven?

I find it hard to imagine there are THAT MANY collectors who just love decapitation or injection covers, call me crazy.

24 minutes ago, RBaumann02 said:

I find it hard to imagine there are THAT MANY collectors who just love decapitation or injection covers, call me crazy.

It's about as likely as basing hit TV show or movie on zombies.

5 hours ago, RBaumann02 said:

Does anyone have a clue to what percent of these crazy prices on horror/ violent stuff is speculation driven?

Personally? I have a much harder time believing the romance prices.

8 hours ago, RBaumann02 said:

Wild horror books have been heavily collected since the dawn of fandom. The romance boom has for the most part been a more recent thing. Probably because of the lower prices. 

I have always loved the horror and crime books. So wild and over the top. It’s hard to believe kids could just buy them for s dime. It’s not just about the covers either. There are actually pages beyond those graphic covers with stories that are fun to read. 

I have loved Baker art long before he was so popular. But for the most part, romance stories leave me flat. The few romance books Ibuy are for covers mostly.

You get a lot more bang for you dime with horror books.

6 minutes ago, sagii said:

Always occasionally trot out this one. After the results on the high grade (and low on the romance end) Bakers, I'd say it was one of my better scores. Only one graded higher currently I believe,  and by only a point. 

1300298-F001.jpg

Beautiful colors on a beautiful copy Corey. This is every bit as good as any of his romance covers. On a lot of Bakers, this is a unicorn grade wise.

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Beautiful colors on a beautiful copy Corey. This is every bit as good as any of his romance covers. On a lot of Bakers, this is a unicorn grade wise.

Thanks RM! 

And I agree, every bit as good as Romance covers, with a babe front and center to boot!