• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Wow!

I’ve never seen St. John Baker OA pages.  Gotta say though the  walls of text kinda spoil them.

Im sure they’ll go pretty high but I like the Baker FH pages I’ve seen more.

Edited by szav

5 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Cinderalla Love #25 up on ebay, featuring "some minor touch ups near the spine, the upper part of the front cover might ha[ve] been trim[m]ed at some time and the book has a slight musty smell."

Already at $676.

With an unrestored 2.0 going for $4k, I think it's got a long way to go...

Depends on what "minor touch ups" means. And if someone is willing to take a chance it's a typical St. John's miscut and not a trim.

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

Depends on what "minor touch ups" means. And if someone is willing to take a chance it's a typical St. John's miscut and not a trim.

With the touch-ups, I wouldn't be so quick to call the top trimming a production miscut.  Looks to me like when someone tries to cut a stack of paper on a large cutting board and the paper shifts halfway through the cut.

Despite it's flaws, that is one great presenting copy.

54 minutes ago, Yorick said:

4 hours ago, manetteska said:

With the touch-ups, I wouldn't be so quick to call the top trimming a production miscut.  Looks to me like when someone tries to cut a stack of paper on a large cutting board and the paper shifts halfway through the cut.

Despite it's flaws, that is one great presenting copy.

I’m not calling the cut one way or the other. I’m srating away from this one, though it does look very nice.