• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

Just now, manetteska said:

Dope for selling at that price or other reasons? 

Are you the buyer? Seems you’re usually on top of good buys like this. 

That price and other reasons. 

I wish I was the buyer, but no. I've purchased other stuff from this seller before though. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

You wouldn't have been able to get this even if you were sitting at your computer when it went up.

Good, now I get a chance to vent about something that's been driving me (and October and others) crazy for at least 4-5 months.

Don't ask me how, but one guy - and ONLY ONE - gets to the new listings right away and BINs them.  As in, immediately, within seconds of when they go up.  No matter the day, or the time.  The only other person who has successfully bought from Jerry has been October.  Jerry has resisted any and all attempts to offer his books as auction items, even with evidence and assurances that he could net 2-3X more using that format than BINs.

The same guy who bought the Cinderella Love 25 has now bought the overwhelming majority of what could be one of the greatest Atlas rollouts ever seen in terms of grade and coverage - better than Circle 8?  Over 300 Atlas and counting.  Unbelievable stuff - Sherry the Showgirl 1,2, Showgirls 1,2,4, 46 different Millie the Models, and 191 Atlas romance.  Many other publishers as well.

This ONE GUY has now bought 276 books and has spent $48,037 to date - book by book by individual book.  All at least 50% under FMV, or more.

Interestingly enough, this ONE GUY has been around for years on Ebay as a romance buyer when we were all known to each other.  He was there as a strong participant in the famous Sparkle City romance slab bonanza of 3/10/13 when he was the winner, among other books, of the mislabeled Cindrella Love 25 6.0, the highest graded at that time, for the then unheard of price of $2,188.

I've reached out to this ONE GUY through Ebay, one romance collector to another, but he won't talk to me.  Me, Dr. Love!

Very interesting. So while I have been going back over my routine over and over last night, saying "I should have done this instead of this" to get to that listing first, it never was going to happen?

How do you and/or October know it is one person, who the person is, and how much was spent so far?

I attempted several times to hit the buy it now the second his books were listed and could not get one of them.  At least I can rest easy knowing I would have not gotten this one either if I had tried. For a while I was extraordinarily frustrated.

Ken

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

You wouldn't have been able to get this even if you were sitting at your computer when it went up.

Good, now I get a chance to vent about something that's been driving me (and October and others) crazy for at least 4-5 months.

Don't ask me how, but one guy - and ONLY ONE - gets to the new listings right away and BINs them.  As in, immediately, within seconds of when they go up.  No matter the day, or the time.  The only other person who has successfully bought from Jerry has been October.  Jerry has resisted any and all attempts to offer his books as auction items, even with evidence and assurances that he could net 2-3X more using that format than BINs.

The same guy who bought the Cinderella Love 25 has now bought the overwhelming majority of what could be one of the greatest Atlas rollouts ever seen in terms of grade and coverage - better than Circle 8?  Over 300 Atlas and counting.  Unbelievable stuff - Sherry the Showgirl 1,2, Showgirls 1,2,4, 46 different Millie the Models, and 191 Atlas romance.  Many other publishers as well.

This ONE GUY has now bought 276 books and has spent $48,037 to date - book by book by individual book.  All at least 50% under FMV, or more.

Interestingly enough, this ONE GUY has been around for years on Ebay as a romance buyer when we were all known to each other.  He was there as a strong participant in the famous Sparkle City romance slab bonanza of 3/10/13 when he was the winner, among other books, of the mislabeled Cindrella Love 25 6.0, the highest graded at that time, for the then unheard of price of $2,188.

I've reached out to this ONE GUY through Ebay, one romance collector to another, but he won't talk to me.  Me, Dr. Love!

Yep. I managed, trough sheer tenacity, to land about 30-40 books. The rest all went to that one buyer. Even sitting at my computer and constantly refreshing I usually just split the wins with the other guy. I can only assume the seller let him know when he was going to list, as he was ALWAYS there. No matter the day or time. EVERY time.  

Judging by the books I have in hand, and the massive amount of DeCarlos the other buyer got, I think your 50% estimate is very conservative. The seller has, at minimum, left $100,000 on the table through his bizarre selling choices. The CL 25 alone is worth at least $10,000 more than the BIN price. 

Edited by october

That is one beautiful copy!  I've got CL in my saved searches along with a saved search of of the whole GA/Romance genre.  I didn't see that one at all, and I check quite often.  Pennies on the dollar... :facepalm:

What I don’t understand is if this person is able to get first crack at all of these books, it just seems silly to even list anything on eBay. You would think they should have a relationship outside of the platform and would just do business that way and save people a lot of aggravation. Still doesn’t explain the wack a doo pricing but hey to each his own lol.

11 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Anyone seen this before?

cinderellalove25 crossed hairs.jpg

Yep, I've got one.  That run of Crossed had "Horrific Homage" variant covers to just about every issue and those were the versions I got.  Very cool and fun!  

2 hours ago, comicnoir said:

I gather this is a horror comic?

Oh yeah.  Think of zombies still with thought, but only of the most twisted stuff you can think of.  Started by Garth Ennis maybe a decade ago.  It's not for the faint, I'll say that much.  I think it's the first series there's a character named "horse@ock" to give you an idea...