• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,558 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, manetteska said:

You have the eBay link?

18 hours ago, PeterPark said:

And who painted it?!?

Let me see what I can do.... after I win some of the others! :banana:

"Treasure" magazine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40687-Greece-29-2-1949-Magazine-THISAVROS-Shipping-to-Greece-4-00-/174311125156?nma=true&si=WcnJNsixP79QRy8mro5G5GYM9dM%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The seller did not know who the artist is.  And who the heck is awake at 2:00am outbidding me on those other issues?!!:cry:

2 hours ago, Yorick said:

"Treasure" magazine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40687-Greece-29-2-1949-Magazine-THISAVROS-Shipping-to-Greece-4-00-/174311125156?nma=true&si=WcnJNsixP79QRy8mro5G5GYM9dM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The seller did not know who the artist is.  And who the heck is awake at 2:00am outbidding me on those other issues?!!:cry:

Thanks for the link. Should I attempt to buy the "Treasure" mag in question to determine artist? Or is it a reach info like that would be inside.

34 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Thanks for the link. Should I attempt to buy the "Treasure" mag in question to determine artist? Or is it a reach info like that would be inside.

I’ll take one for the team and buy the next available one and let everyone know....

22 hours ago, manetteska said:

I asked the Greek seller (who would be able to read the contents in order to determine an artist).  He wrote to me that no artist is listed.  I noticed writing on the bottom right corner of several issues (including #534 - the swiped cover in question), and it translated to Phoenix Lithography.

1 hour ago, Yorick said:
23 hours ago, manetteska said:

I asked the Greek seller (who would be able to read the contents in order to determine an artist).  He wrote to me that no artist is listed.  I noticed writing on the bottom right corner of several issues (including #534 - the swiped cover in question), and it translated to Phoenix Lithography.

Thanks, you saved me some money.

you'd poop your drawers now

speaking of the one that got away - I'm kinda regretting passing on that Wanted 52 now.  What was I thinking?  fool foolish and foolifico

Edited by Dr. Love

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

Speaking of CL 25, I don't seem to have a record on what the 8.0 went for.  Was it 25K, or was that just a dream?  Bueller?

Pretty sure that was a private sale....