• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

I PM’d with another boardie and he asked the same question. While at the show yesterday, my email to another expert before buying the book went astray, and the miscommunication was my fault. 

Tough book, but not Baker.

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

Why do you believe this?  Do you see Baker's hand in this cover?  He's done other issues of All Picture...

I don't see any Baker here.  (shrug)

'Yall got me curious. I knew it wasn't a Baker cover. So I pulled out my copy. These St John giants are comprised of unsold issues (4). I went into The Grand Comic Book Database and discovered that my copy contains Strange Terrors #1, House of Terror #1 (re-colored due to the 3D), Weird Horrors #2 and Authentic Police Cases #18 which almost certianly contains a Baker story. All issues are probably different.

Now I have to fight the urge to see what my other St John annuals contain. That should take the rest of the day...:roflmao:

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

13 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

The seller (Terry) also had a Comedy Carnival which he said was all Baker inside (it had a PR and TAR), but I didn’t look to confirm (FYI).

My Comedy Carnival contains mostly funny animal content but it does contain Canteen Kate #3 (all Baker). I have had another copy with same contents and one with nothing but Mighty Mouse. It could very well have contained 4 Baker books. NEVER judge a book by it's cover. You should have looked...