• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,498 posts in this topic

Just now, dylanthekid said:

Do you think Vinny from Metropolis edits all the ComicConnect listings? Do you think Aunt Jemima is the one taking sap from the tree for the syrup? 

Please look up the definition of "false equivalency". 

5 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/diary-confessions-11/4000-344257/

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=338251

Everyone challenges me being 20, but in over 50 years, these are the best public resources for this book you guys could come up with. and it SUCKS

uh your forgetting the grand daddy of them all "Matt Baker the art of glamour" for reference

Edited by Changer

2 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/diary-confessions-11/4000-344257/

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=338251

Everyone challenges me being 20, but in over 50 years, these are the best public resources for this book you guys could come up with. and it SUCKS

Hey - I don't want to start an anti Dylan thread. 

Honestly, I'm happy your doing what you do and I wish you well. I hope lots of people your age are into comics. Its good for all of us. 

If a mistake was made I will take you at your word.  My advice is to be open, honest, transparent and non-confrontational.  

2 minutes ago, Changer said:

uh your forgetting the grand daddy of them all "Matt Baker the art of glamour" for reference

People my age google stuff, much less books. you can be as sad as you want but even this thread is technology. we should start a thread by pigeon carrier

2 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

People my age google stuff, much less books. you can be as sad as you want but even this thread is technology. we should start a thread by pigeon carrier

Dude if you want to learn you will, if you want to play dumb please continue, btw Im an IT guy building websites and databases ....

Edited by Changer

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Hey - I don't want to start an anti Dylan thread. 

Honestly, I'm happy your doing what you do and I wish you well. I hope lots of people your age are into comics. Its good for all of us. 

If a mistake was made I will take you at your word.  My advice is to be open, honest, transparent and non-confrontational.  

You know this is Dylan, right?

In other threads he is the antithesis of all those things. 

Also, why is he posting here? Shouldn’t he be knee-deep in litigation?

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

You know this is Dylan, right?

In other threads he is the antithesis of all those things. 

Also, why is he posting here? Shouldn’t he be knee-deep in litigation?

Oh yeah... i know all about Dylan. I've read the forums and seen the arguments.  His reputation precedes him. 

I just didn't want to start another one of those discussions.  Maybe my effort was futile. 

No Baker.  The seller should kick back some of the $ if it sells to Nick Caputo, who is the only editor who sees Baker possibly on the last story.  None of the others (Becattini or Vadeboncoeur) do. 

The seller is disingenuous in the listing.  "Baker art listed on Grand Comics Database, shame Coletta provided the inks, but Baker art shines through".  It is listed on GCD but with the credit as questionable, Baker?, and to say Baker art shines through...well, liar liar pants on fire.

7 hours ago, Yorick said:

There are plenty of ebayers that use "Baker" as a means of drawing attention.  In this instance, I cannot see Baker through all that Colletta.  lol  Thoughts?

love and marriage 12.jpg

Read this issue on Comic Book Plus. If it started as Baker art, it ended up with so much bad Coletta inking that Matt's finesse has been totally destroyed. If you collect Baker for the beauty of his art, you'd never buy this book.

Not ones i 'see' Baker in, but others that i do that GCD calls for Baker. Some have strong Colletta hallmarks, and some do not. A few Charlton and Atlas ones out there that have Baker hallmarks from the profiles of the women, the layout/placement of the covers figures, and Baker seemed to do a lot of crying women on these covers (a recurring theme on them. Coincidence?). The art on the cover matches the art on the interiors and everyone seems to agree they are Baker interiors but question the covers. Either way, i totally agree with who ever at GCD second guessed these as Colleta's that are probably Bakers he 'over flourished' (:

(I still love you guys and don't mind the strong disagreements :baiting: )

Love Romances #77.jpg

Love Romances #78.jpg

Love Romances #79.jpg

19 hours ago, MBFan said:

Read this issue on Comic Book Plus. If it started as Baker art, it ended up with so much bad Coletta inking that Matt's finesse has been totally destroyed. If you collect Baker for the beauty of his art, you'd never buy this book.

Also strongly believe Baker ghosted for Vince Colletta specially those late books Atlas & Charlton 1958-1960. work published late 1959 early 1960 after his death.