• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

fyi that Greek magazine from which CL 25 is swiped is on Ebay

the seller references the boards in the listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greek-Mag-predates-Cinderella-Love-25-Golden-age-Romance-Matt-Baker-Only-Copy/193930978869?hash=item2d272fe635:g:6tUAAOSw3R5gQZlx

Image 1 - Greek-Mag-predates-Cinderella-Love-25-Golden-age-Romance-Matt-Baker-Only-Copy

The last photo was my share pic from flamingo. 😂

It was funny seeing the last APC issue (poor condition) repeatedly posted on feebay and not selling, only to now show up for a ridiculous "flip" price.

2 minutes ago, steve566 said:

Hey guys I’m the seller of the Greek CL25; just a wanted to say thanks for the research you guy did in this thread. When I bought the book I had no idea it had any significance; I just liked the cover. Just pure dumb luck haha.. I really love this book but I just payed big money for my own personal grail which is a Mexican x-men 1 from 1966 (I’ll include picture) so I figured it’s time to pass this book on to someone who will cherish it. If anyone’s bidding on it good luck; I have zero clue what its value would be but there’s already a couple bids so I’m happy.

0C20865F-0839-449B-8188-823D99A33C91.jpeg

Man that is sweet ‼️‼️👍👍😷😷❤️❤️❤️

On 3/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, steve566 said:

Hey guys I’m the seller of the Greek CL25; just a wanted to say thanks for the research you guy did in this thread. When I bought the book I had no idea it had any significance; I just liked the cover. Just pure dumb luck haha.. I really love this book but I just payed big money for my own personal grail which is a Mexican x-men 1 from 1966 (I’ll include picture) so I figured it’s time to pass this book on to someone who will cherish it. If anyone’s bidding on it good luck; I have zero clue what its value would be but there’s already a couple bids so I’m happy.

0C20865F-0839-449B-8188-823D99A33C91.jpeg

Hey Steve I could had bid more but you had the listing under the Global Shipping System wich is an Ebay scam for international buyers . Hope you can change it next tile you sell something cool

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 3/4/2021 at 8:03 PM, Dr. Love said:

fyi that Greek magazine from which CL 25 is swiped is on Ebay

the seller references the boards in the listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greek-Mag-predates-Cinderella-Love-25-Golden-age-Romance-Matt-Baker-Only-Copy/193930978869?hash=item2d272fe635:g:6tUAAOSw3R5gQZlx

Image 1 - Greek-Mag-predates-Cinderella-Love-25-Golden-age-Romance-Matt-Baker-Only-Copy

Sold for US $1,525.00.  

43 minutes ago, MB1952 said:

I’m waiting for my cut, I provided the last pic. 😂 

amazing result, stunned.

Frankly, it is a better piece of art than Baker's.  And, no, there is no way this is Baker.  Makes me wonder where he got the mag and if there are other swipes out there.

Street Fighter Unlimited 7c (Udon Entertainment) - ComicBookRealm.comimage.jpeg.190f53c31abe2dad4fedbdb500a4deec.jpeg

Image 1 - Magazine-Greece-MAGAZINE-THISAVROS-No-673-1951

Edited by sfcityduck

Active participation too.  Four bidders above $1200.  And all four coming in with snipe bombs in the last 10 seconds.  At 4 minutes out the book stood at $750.

Very exciting dustup at the end.  But there can be only one.

Maybe the winner was a Baker completist?  hm

Edited by Dr. Love

5 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Active participation too.  Four bidders above $1200.

Maybe the winner was a Baker completist?  hm

It's a super cool item to have along with the Cinderella Love.  Great talking piece about swipes and influences.  And if you really love Baker, I can see how you'd pay that amount.  It's a Greek magazine, you may never see another copy.