• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,551 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, comicjack said:

Who can resist a blonde and red head Baker cover :luhv:

Yep! Both are lovely books, and by the current standard of zany/spiking prices not entirely that surprising.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:20 PM, manetteska said:

And I passed on it at $50 as it was just a weird/fun conversation piece for the collection. (:

Where you the one I talked to on instagram?! I remember an interested party messaging me about it; I asked $50 via PM and someone declining.. That was before I knew what I had and just though it was a pretty cover. I would for sure be kicking myself if I would have sold it... 

24 minutes ago, steve566 said:

Where you the one I talked to on instagram?! I remember an interested party messaging me about it; I asked $50 via PM and someone declining.. That was before I knew what I had and just though it was a pretty cover. I would for sure be kicking myself if I would have sold it... 

Interglobal?

I would have put it in a box and remembered it years later. Glad you were able to get much more for it if it helps you collect other stuff you are more interested in. 

In their current auction,, I see that Comic Connect credits Baker for the cover of Honeymoon Romance #1 (no such designation on the CGC label though 

Edited by sagii

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

I know this isn't the WTB thread, but I will probably reach more of my audience this way.

I am looking for Baker post-code issues. If anyone has any doubles, leads (outside of auction houses), etc. it would be greatly appreciated.

I know there are post code issues.. is there an abundance, or lots, or several, or few..?

25 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:
3 hours ago, manetteska said:

I know this isn't the WTB thread, but I will probably reach more of my audience this way.

I am looking for Baker post-code issues. If anyone has any doubles, leads (outside of auction houses), etc. it would be greatly appreciated.

I know there are post code issues.. is there an abundance, or lots, or several, or few..?

To be more specific, I am looking for St. John post-code. I'd say there are several, though they don't show up often compared to the pre-code work.

There are also covers he did for other publishers which are - generally - more common. And I'm sure someone will more knowledge will show up to fix mistakes/assumptions I've made. ;)

Edited by manetteska
emoji

19 minutes ago, MBFan said:

This was apparently done by Coby Whitmore for the Saturday Evening Post, which is where Matt Baker must have seen it. http://www.artnet.com/artists/coby-whitmore/the-art-of-giving-illus-for-saturday-evening-post-q1CfwcJ7b9i5zehLTDrgXQ2

So who swipe who???

Matt/Coby/Greek artist hm

But is there a cinderella love 25-like image in the saturday evening post? Because Thisavros has at least two images thus far that have been used by or had something to do with Baker. It still may not be the post that inspired him but the Greek magazine after all...New York is clearly a Metropolitan city and maybe he walked by a diverse newsstand on his way to work. Or made it his work to stop by there and see what images gave him ideas from all around the world. And maybe borrowing from a magazine in another language made it less likely to be seen as a swipe?