• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,559 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2021 at 12:23 AM, comicnoir said:

Wow. In my opinion not a great Baker example or one of the better Texan covers. But I guess there's a woman in a dress/skirt?

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Wow. In my opinion not a great Baker example or one of the better Texan covers. But I guess there's a woman in a dress/skirt?

I think that's one of the most desirable Texan issues. I'd put 5 there too, but beyond those 2 there is a dropoff. 8 9 and 11 aren't bad and 6 has the first appearance of Wakanda (?) but the issues without prominent women don't compare to almost any issue of the Hawk (by Baker).

18 hours ago, Point Five said:

Not a Baker on my list, but I couldn't resist the blazing colors!

wartimeromances7.thumb.jpg.460a680a1a3267fa18b5337106cc47df.jpg

Not many copies with a white logo like that...  Is this from the set of four WR's auctioned on feebay a few days back?  That one also had a nice white logo.

3 hours ago, PeterPark said:
5 hours ago, manetteska said:

I think that's one of the most desirable Texan issues. I'd put 5 there too, but beyond those 2 there is a dropoff. 8 9 and 11 aren't bad and 6 has the first appearance of Wakanda (?) but the issues without prominent women don't compare to almost any issue of the Hawk (by Baker).

There's cover to 8 and then... well... did I mention the cover to 8?

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:
5 hours ago, PeterPark said:
6 hours ago, manetteska said:

There's cover to 8 and then... well... did I mention the cover to 8?

Agree to disagree; art is subjective, after all. :foryou:

Regarding #4...

If you *need* a woman on a Baker cover, I like #4 more; probably #8 as well (she's not front-and-center, but she has a red dress!)

Overall, I like the different compositions used on #s 11 and 12.

3 hours ago, Yorick said:

Not many copies with a white logo like that...  Is this from the set of four WR's auctioned on feebay a few days back?  That one also had a nice white logo.

It is! This one really jumped out of the pack and was largely why I bought the lot.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Agree to disagree; art is subjective, after all. :foryou:

Regarding #4...

If you *need* a woman on a Baker cover, I like #4 more; probably #8 as well (she's not front-and-center, but she has a red dress!)

Overall, I like the different compositions used on #s 11 and 12.

Does anyone have any thing they point to on 12 to say that is Baker? I have heard some people are not so sure...