• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2021 at 4:15 PM, Point Five said:

It is! This one really jumped out of the pack and was largely why I bought the lot.

Do you use a bidding program?  Those last bids came in barely under the wire...  I was bidding because of that issue too.

5 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Do you use a bidding program?  Those last bids came in barely under the wire...  I was bidding because of that issue too.

Oh, this was a BIN. Maybe we're talking about different lots then?

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

Oh, this was a BIN. Maybe we're talking about different lots then?

I think we must be.  I don't recall any mouse chew on the feebay lot issue (it was an auction for four issues of WRs, including 1 and 7).  Four issues for about 1k.  CHEAP!!  :flamed:

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I think we must be.  I don't recall any mouse chew on the feebay lot issue (it was an auction for four issues of WRs, including 1 and 7).  Four issues for about 1k.  CHEAP!!  :flamed:

Oh yep, I see 'em now. That #7 is nice... even nicer than the copy I got.
(It's good for me I didn't see that lot... my Paypal Credit is groaning as it is!)

9 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

This is an absolute monster. Whoa...the whole run is amazing. I didn't look to see what else was coming but there could be some mega Seven Seas in there too...

Since it supposedly goes up to 1951 there should be APCs, Seven Seas, Texans, Western Bandit Trails etc...even sone romance possibly if those were part of the collection.  

21 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:

When it's all said and done, I'm wondering how many from this collection will be or tie for highest graded?  From what we've seen thus far, I would think it will be no small number.

I've seen more 9.8's in the small representation shown than in all the years of seeing Mile Highs offered.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:27 PM, G G ® ™ said:

Not a romance book per se, but I guess you could say it was a romantic cover.

Nevertheless it's Baker and its bangin', :cloud9:

a.jpg

Well, the circle inset drawing of Phantom Lady is by Baker... and perhaps Baker penciled a body layout for the blonde, but mostly this seems like Kamen.

27 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Well, the circle inset drawing of Phantom Lady is by Baker... and perhaps Baker penciled a body layout for the blonde, but mostly this seems like Kamen.

Regardless, still a classic and my personal 3rd favorite of the run behind 13 and 17.