• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,506 posts in this topic

As promised, the GS10, WR8, and TR32 (Baker art) are ones I picked up at the NYComicCon. I'm really happy with the Wartime Romances but I'd love to get an upgraded copy of TR32.

GS10.jpg

TA32.jpg

WR8.jpg

And, my all time favorite Baker cover is CL26 (got on ebay) : I'd love to find this in a higher grade.

So, to you Baker romance comic fans? What's the "gem" in your collection?

CL26.jpg

Edited by JvR11

Nice Books JR & welcome to the Boards!!!

I like St. John books a lot but I don't really have any Romance titles!!! But any Baker cover is alright with me!!! (thumbs u

Do you have any of the Baker non-romance St. John books???

My (actually my girlfriend's 2nd) 1st and only Baker copy. The book has not arrived yet. This scan is from the seller.

What great composition. Has anyone else noticed that Baker had a thing for red? He almost ALWAYS has red in his covers.

TrueLovePictorial11.jpg

I would love this one! I hope it's as nice in person. I know that this one is super rare. So, if you decide it collects too much dust...you know where to look!

As promised, the GS10, WR8, and TR32 (Baker art) are ones I picked up at the NYComicCon. I'm really happy with the Wartime Romances but I'd love to get an upgraded copy of TR32.

Great books!! Here is my one and only Baker romance book:

truelove3.jpg

My (actually my girlfriend's 2nd) 1st and only Baker copy. The book has not arrived yet. This scan is from the seller.

What great composition. Has anyone else noticed that Baker had a thing for red? He almost ALWAYS has red in his covers.

TrueLovePictorial11.jpg

Congrats on landing a nice copy :applause:

Great books!! Here is my one and only Baker romance book:

Only one ?!?! Surely for someone with such superb and ecclectic tastes as yours, I would have bet money you had more than one. (shrug)

Here are my Baker Romance books -

59851-WartimeRomances5.jpg.9ad634de9a59433bb35bc3b618f2e81a.jpg

59852-DiarySecrets10s.jpg.e3ffd7dc8ad5a3fd63c24963b20df8ca.jpg

59853-PictorialRomances12s.jpg.8e1813f7121f6c4c6b5fc798e5ee2f01.jpg

59854-PictorialRomances12Story2s.jpg.290778af92600f9bdc760bc8f0da0aaa.jpg

59855-Teen-AgeRomances20s.jpg.e070fbd455944572d1df02771c0ad6b2.jpg

59856-TeenAgeRomances20Story2s.jpg.7df495bc5cb9ab7060f2948ba58c527f.jpg

Those are great covers. They look like they are pretty high grade? What would you rate them as? Curious where you picked those up at? You don't see the Teen-Age Diary Secrets around too often. I wish I would have collected these in the 90's when they were pretty cheap.

Here are some more of what I have:

img040.jpg

DS17.jpg

DS25.jpg

img053.jpg

wr16.jpg

img050.jpg

The Teen-Age Romances was purchased off the back of a truck with a bunch of other romance comics at $3 each in 95. It has a little damage on the bottom right hand corner that was cropped out. The Blue Ribbon book was purchased as part of a large collection accumulated by Wally who sold all the books he had for $10 each (including Captain America 4, Suspense 3 and 4, and Looney Tunes 121, 122 and Woody Woodpecker and etc.) It seems cheap but I had to buy them all. The Diary Secrets is Fn-VFN I think but I haven't looked recently. Check my previous posts for other books purchased from Wally at the flea market.

bb

I especially like the Cinderella Love cover and the Wartime Romances. The messages in the Wartime comics are sometimes pretty cynical I think.

The first time I saw the little hearts in the R of Romance, I thought the owner had defaced the cover. I noticed that early Lulu issues have similar decorations. The editors must have thought that girls need a more ornate design on the cover to attract their attention.

It's great when you pick up these comics at deals. I think it makes you appreciate them more. Looks like you scored big with Wally! I recently got a Diary Secrets 15 just a beater copy but I paid $5.00 for it. So, I thought that was a steal of a deal.

We should start a thread called "Best Deal Ever". If there isn't already one, I bet there are some great stories about finds out there.

I especially like the Cinderella Love cover and the Wartime Romances. The messages in the Wartime comics are sometimes pretty cynical I think.

The first time I saw the little hearts in the R of Romance, I thought the owner had defaced the cover. I noticed that early Lulu issues have similar decorations. The editors must have thought that girls need a more ornate design on the cover to attract their attention.

e.g.

bb

2560412221_93bbe54782_b.jpg