• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,556 posts in this topic

I'll tell you Brian, not really - even in my heydey I couldn't compete on Bakers with those dedicated to St. John. I have had some world class examples but these have changed hands, and I'm very very happy to have placed them personally and not through auction.

You know comics come, and they oftentimes, eventually, go. At least that's how it's been with me. But I'll always have this, my precious. Recreated by the inimitable Ryan Heshka, never to be produced again. It distills my whole romance collecting experience into one iconic piece, and I couldn't love it any more than I do.

GF2015_15_zpsyaf6hlav.jpg

I'll tell you Brian, not really - even in my heydey I couldn't compete on Bakers with those dedicated to St. John. I have had some world class examples but these have changed hands, and I'm very very happy to have placed them personally and not through auction.

You know comics come, and they oftentimes, eventually, go. At least that's how it's been with me. But I'll always have this, my precious. Recreated by the inimitable Ryan Heshka, never to be produced again. It distills my whole romance collecting experience into one iconic piece, and I couldn't love it any more than I do.

That's really cool! Nice framing/matting too.

That's really cool! Nice framing/matting too.

I'm not usually excited about recreations, but that one is outstanding...

:applause: What a great painting by Heshka and I like the way you sum up your feelings for it also.

It would be great to sit back in your old age (many years from now) and just be able to look up at the painting and have it remind you of all the great collecting experiences you've had.

I do love the 25..... but I just can't choose a clear cut # 1........ that guy was a well oiled love MACHINE...... cranking out masterpiece after masterpiece :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Beautiful copies, Duke. Your Baker collection is awesome and one of the ones I referred to...dedicated. I really like lifting the scanner lid to get a black border, as well, it shows certain books off nicely. And Heshka works in acrylic on (archival) board (which necessitates glass) or wood - not ink nor watercolor. Varnish to protect. Maximum POP.