• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,578 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, RICK STARR said:

I've had to rescan any book that I have posted lately. Sucks, I have hundreds of books in PB.

You can also download off of PB and reattach.  Pain though.

Yeah, I guess that does work.  We've still got the problem, though, of all the broken links to previously posted scans.

I would to hate to see all that board history wiped out.

For those interested in the background of the A-P A-T Love Story 2, here is a write up:

Bak.jpg

Edited to give credit for the scan:  Not sure where I got it from, but it may originally have been posted by 29dukedog.

Edited by Sqeggs

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, I guess that does work.  We've still got the problem, though, of all the broken links to previously posted scans.

I don't think it is CGC. I think it is Photobucket. I haven't been able to log on since last week. Some of my previously loaded images are here and some are not. Anybody else having trouble logging in?

Just now, Robot Man said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I don't think it is CGC. I think it is Photobucket. I haven't been able to log on since last week. Some of my previously loaded images are here and some are not. Anybody else having trouble logging in?

PB's been working fine for me -- or as fine as it ever works.

I think the problem is with CGC.  There's a thread on it in CG.

The two problems are that the board no longer takes new links to PB and some (but for some reason, not all) existing links are broken.

7 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

For those interested in the background of the A-P A-T Love Story 2, here is a write up:

Bak.jpg

Edited to give credit for the scan:  Not sure where I got it from, but it may originally have been posted by 29dukedog.

Fun article!  Another rebound St John!

22 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I had never seen this photo of Matt before today.  Anyone know who the other guys are?

mattbaker02.jpg

The guy on the right is Ray Osrin, his best inker, after himself. Matt was best man at his wedding. His wife said that toward the end of Ray's life, the only time he showed interest in anything, like a phone call or such, was if he heard Matt's name.

26 minutes ago, RICK STARR said:

Interesting photo, thanks for sharing.

Don't you just love Matt's at the beach covers. (Beach blanket bingo).

Overstreet Copy

Gorgeous!

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Bess's copy was pretty nice, too.  I just wish she hadn't pressed down so hard with her pencil.

8b069832-cffb-4336-8c03-d10e83947fa9_zpsr7oi51u5.jpg

I really like this one, so much so that I accepted a slight resto copy from a seller (something I normally wouldn't consider on a Baker).

Great copy, Tony.

9 minutes ago, sacentaur said:
14 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Bess's copy was pretty nice, too.  I just wish she hadn't pressed down so hard with her pencil.

8b069832-cffb-4336-8c03-d10e83947fa9_zpsr7oi51u5.jpg

I really like this one, so much so that I accepted a slight resto copy from a seller (something I normally wouldn't consider on a Baker).

Great copy, Tony.

Thanks.  Looks like it's the highest graded, which I had forgotten.  I have a very nice raw copy that unfortunately has a name written and scratched out on the cover.  One of these days I need to send it in to see what CGC will make of it.  

3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

This is random, but who's got a Diary Secrets #28 to post?
Just saw the cover image and I don't think I'd ever seen one before.

Definitely a toughie.

ec3537f6-21cc-4968-a8f0-6b57748f72bb_zpsxdm8rrz8.jpg