• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,575 posts in this topic

This one took forever to find. It's difficult to find high grade in this issue. There were a couple for sale on ComicConnect a year or two back but I wasn't aggressive enough in bidding. So, I'm happy to have this low grade copy. I think you really have to be happy with low grades in order to even attempt to be a completist in the St. John run.

PictorialRomances.jpg

It wouldnt surprise me if some of them just dont exist in high grade. What we need is some eneterpising soul to find a warehouse full of file copies!

Picked this one up a couple years ago. A rare digest...

img127.jpg

This one is hardly ever seen. Does it have Baker inside do you know?

Yes, it does. The cover is actually from a panel in one of the interior stories. This has the same interior as TADS 7.

It appears they actually recycled TADS 7

This one took forever to find. It's difficult to find high grade in this issue. There were a couple for sale on ComicConnect a year or two back but I wasn't aggressive enough in bidding. So, I'm happy to have this low grade copy. I think you really have to be happy with low grades in order to even attempt to be a completist in the St. John run.

PictorialRomances.jpg

It wouldnt surprise me if some of them just dont exist in high grade. What we need is some eneterpising soul to find a warehouse full of file copies!

The Crippen copy is beautiful. I bid on it on Heritage 6 years ago and lost. A year later I saw it in Steve Ritter's bin at a show, along with other Crippen Bakers I got outbid on. Didn't buy, I thought his price was too high. Regret it of course.

Hmmm...maybe Steve was my under-bidder on the CL26.

This has always been one of my favourites, but I've never had a sniff at a decent copy

PictorialRomances2130.jpg

I predict this marriage is going to end with either divorce or murder.

Here are a few more of my faves from long ago - you will have to excuse the quality - I lost the original scans in a 'puter crash and all I have left are A4 photocopies. Try scanning those and this is what you get - photoshopped to within an inch of their lives - but at least they serve to illustrate the message!

teen-ageromances42.jpg

Edited by alanna

Purchased at Wondercon last weekend. Apparently, these were sold to the dealer by the daughter of the original owner after the OO passed away recently. There's some folds and other faults but the covers are glossy and the spines in great shape. These are now the highest grade Baker romances in my collection.

DSCI0191.jpg

Purchased at Wondercon last weekend. Apparently, these were sold to the dealer by the daughter of the original owner after the OO passed away recently. There's some folds and other faults but the covers are glossy and the spines in great shape. These are now the highest grade Baker romances in my collection.

DSCI0191.jpg

Really great finds. The middle cover is really difficult to find. Great colors!

DSCI0191.jpg

Hey, I recognize that #3... those books, along with a WR #1, have been on eBay for about six months. Robert Beerbohm was the seller. The #3 was so tempting, but a little too rich for my blood. Those are all really nice copies.

Edited by 29dukedog

I looked at those books for quite a while on Friday but couldn't pull the trigger for what he wanted.

Great books! I hope you talked him down a bit. There was a fourth Baker romance books with those also.

Edited by Rip