• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,498 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, comicnoir said:
On 1/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, Chief1332 said:

Recommendations for achieving a fair price for a run down book?  As much as I like it, there may be another Baker enthusiast that likes it more..

IMG_2939.JPG

Desirable last issue. Rarely pops up. You might think $800.00 in that condition. 

Never seen a high-grade copy.  Actually, never seen a mid-grade copy. 

23 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Me, too.  I think it's been considered to be such during the time I've been paying attention to Bakers.

Interesting that there's a male name written on the front cover.  I can't recall seeing that on a romance comic. 

I once owned a CL 15 (in about 5.0) with the same guy's name on the cover.  (Now I just have this ratty old 9.0...)  

cl15_pb.jpg

18 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:
45 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Aren't you the guy who a few years ago told us to boycott anyone selling Bakers for more than $125? :baiting:

Uh...no comment...except that, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em..."

You joined 'em and you're beatin' 'em!

6 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I don’t know why I keep selling this book and then buying it back later, usually for more. I do like it a lot. Definitely a top 5 Baker romance cover to me.  

AF5770F0-7F24-4AC8-A583-8A9B87A9EC9D.jpeg

Definitely one of his best.  It's the issue that first got me interested in Baker romance.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I'd forgotten.  Very nice.  

Highest copy on the census is a 4.5.  Here's my copy. 

75535c17-eb87-40bf-91c2-6af53f8ef737_zpsigjp7e5z.jpg

Well, as long as we're showing our "same old, same old"...here's mine again...which might probably, possibly, get a good grade if I did that sort of thing...¬¬

=Bak-DS30.jpg

On 1/23/2019 at 7:14 AM, BB-Gun said:

The black and white line drawing that I posted is a recreation of the Baker cover by Jerry Acerno who is a professional that has worked at Marvel and DC.

I didn't know it was by Mr Acerno.  Don't think that was in the listing...  It would be great of any re-creation that the artist sign it.