• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,577 posts in this topic

You gave it a good shot. That's a great book but it went for big money. I'd be okay with letting it go. Your copy is very pretty as is. (thumbs u

How much did it sell for? I don't know how to search auction archives at the Comic Connect site.

There aren't any archives. You have to save the link, use the link in the CC auction email or "track" it.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=417047&title=ALL%20TOP%20COMICS

Thanks for the support guys. I'm sure something else will peak my interest.

I'd think this sale might also bring other copies to market. I'm not sure I'll be ever to upgrade my low grade copy. :)

The phenomenal CC sale of that All Top 16 has evidently prompted someone to purchase a G/VG copy that Metro has had for a few months. I'd been watching it, and now it's suddenly gone. Almost bought it myself, but they only had a stock photo posted, and I was kinda just watching to see if they'd post an actual scan.

So, probably after seeing the competition for the CC copy, someone broke down and bought it.

Anyway, here's my own copy:

(From the coveted "Yet to be discovered" collection.)

Edited by 29dukedog

1818582323_a0d2e0d54d_z.jpg

I almost purchased one of these a few years ago but I thought $150 was too much.

:frustrated:

2611870142_cc13859dca_z.jpg

I did purchase this one which looked like Baker art to me at the time. All Top 16 looks more like Baker but there is a similarity.

I did purchase this one which looked like Baker art to me at the time. All Top 16 looks more like Baker but there is a similarity.

Sometimes it's tricky because I think Jack Kamen and Matt Baker were tag-teaming much of their work for the Fox jungle titles. Baker's stuff has that extra level of style panache and figure-drawing excellence that Kamen falls juuuust short of. One thing about your All Top comic that makes me suspect it's Kamen is the woman's feet. Where are they? Her front leg looks like it is planted into the ground, and the other foot is completely hidden. I think Baker would have found a solution to the "foot problem" of this image that was more anatomically inclusive. All of this is entirely my non-artist, layman opinion of course. And if it turns out this cover really is Baker, I'll gladly eat my words.

Sometimes it's tricky because I think Jack Kamen and Matt Baker were tag-teaming much of their work for the Fox jungle titles. Baker's stuff has that extra level of style panache and figure-drawing excellence that Kamen falls juuuust short of. One thing about your All Top comic that makes me suspect it's Kamen is the woman's feet. Where are they? Her front leg looks like it is planted into the ground, and the other foot is completely hidden. I think Baker would have found a solution to the "foot problem" of this image that was more anatomically inclusive. All of this is entirely my non-artist, layman opinion of course. And if it turns out this cover really is Baker, I'll gladly eat my words.

I think the curl in her hair looks more like Kamen but Baker was into fancy hair.

e.g.

3819758531_c4041d8807_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun