• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,557 posts in this topic

This one was sold to me raw as a 6.0. It's such a tough book, though, that I'm happy with it.

ca5993cb-9e84-4a2d-b477-cbfd7d6d5b6a_zps108rhoi0.jpg

5.0? Yea, thats funny. Who is grading these books anyway? Oh well, beautiful book.

They must have hit it for all the diagonal creases across the cover.

Ken

:idea:

..... almost as though someone tried to make a lunchroom "football" out of it :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This one was sold to me raw as a 6.0. It's such a tough book, though, that I'm happy with it.

ca5993cb-9e84-4a2d-b477-cbfd7d6d5b6a_zps108rhoi0.jpg

Congrats on your copy. Despite it's rarity this was one of the first Bakers I got on ebay. Nice solid mid-grade I won in a romance lot. When it arrived it had no backing board and the postman bent it and shoved it in my mailbox leaving a sub-crease :cry: . Got some of my money back. Still looks nice. Yours looks way better than a 6.0.

His looks like a friggin' 9.4. I think the graders made a typo on that label...oh, wait...I see the crease in the lower right corner between 2 of the diagonal lines...bummer...but still, one crease on a book like that should have still gotten at least a 6.0.

Edited by tricolorbrian

Hey guys, I am finally letting go of some of my Baker books. They are being auctioned on ebay right now. Started last night and ends next Tuesday. Several of the books are highest graded or 2nd highest graded, but there are all sort of different grades.

http://stores.ebay.com/COMIC-BOOK-MADNESS/_i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_sid=462329&_trksid=p4634.c0.m309

There's something odd about that blue Ribbon #2 cover...is that really Baker? The only thing that resembles Baker on that cover is the woman in the background...

It's usually attributed to him. Assuming it is by him, I would say it's his worst cover.

Hey guys, I am finally letting go of some of my Baker books. They are being auctioned on ebay right now. Started last night and ends next Tuesday. Several of the books are highest graded or 2nd highest graded, but there are all sort of different grades.

http://stores.ebay.com/COMIC-BOOK-MADNESS/_i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_sid=462329&_trksid=p4634.c0.m309

Darn it, Dale! I guess you won't have any Baker books for me when you come to Wizard World Tulsa next week.

Dale,

Were these books all from one collection?

No just some stuff I accumulated over time.

In Chicago this summer, I asked Dale why he didn't have any Bakers. He said he was saving them for October on ebay. He showed me the Going Steady 12 the previous year. Said it wasn't for sale. Didn't know how to price it. Was going to let the market decide. The time has come.

Edited by comicnoir

Dale, could you please add back cover scans to your listings? Thanks and GLWTS.

Darn it, Dale! I guess you won't have any Baker books for me when you come to Wizard World Tulsa next week.

If you win some of them, I will bring them to Tulsa. :baiting: