• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,581 posts in this topic

1102697014a.jpg

Lotta spine ticks on that 7.5 Sqeggs...you probably swapped holders, huh? :Dhm(tsk)

The truth is, given the current tight grading period, that book might well get a lower grade on a resub.

Gotta wonder who at CGC thinks this looks great in a mag holder. Granted they threw you a nice bone with the grade, but come on guys....really?? We pay upwards of 100.00 or more per book so it's only reasonable that we expect a quality product please :facepalm:

TAR 15 is one of the oversized issues, 7.5" X 11". I believe the length necessitates a mag holder.

My apologies then. I just know from experience that they've put normal books of mine in mag holders and I wasn't very happy. That is one freakin' rare book!!! :o

1102697014a.jpg

Lotta spine ticks on that 7.5 Sqeggs...you probably swapped holders, huh? :Dhm(tsk)

The truth is, given the current tight grading period, that book might well get a lower grade on a resub.

Gotta wonder who at CGC thinks this looks great in a mag holder. Granted they threw you a nice bone with the grade, but come on guys....really?? We pay upwards of 100.00 or more per book so it's only reasonable that we expect a quality product please :facepalm:

A mag size holder is a quality product... only bigger.

That means more CGC for you to love!

I don't want to say, it's only by accident I know. He's a new player with deep pockets (an old story). Glad I got most of mine when I did.

He didn't win the DS 28, which I thought went a little high, although it's a very tough book.

1102697014a.jpg

A mag size holder is a quality product... only bigger.

That means more CGC for you to love!

The height of those early TARs is the problem with using a regular-size slab. Also accounts for the difficulty of finding them in better than VG condition.

I have a magazine-size storage box to hold these Bakers and some Mickey Mouse Magazines.

I don't want to say, it's only by accident I know. He's a new player with deep pockets (an old story). Glad I got most of mine when I did.

He didn't win the DS 28, which I thought went a little high, although it's a very tough book.

He hasn't gotten a number of books, including a DS 17, PR 18 and a TLP 5, all went for high. But the second inning is coming (OMG a baseball analogy and I don't even watch sports), when Dale's first batch ends.

Edited by comicnoir

I hope everyone gets something they like. On the other hand, it would be easier to ship 1 package hm

If you had sold them to me instead of listing them, you could have just brought them all to Tulsa this weekend.

You really made it hard on yourself.

:makepoint:

The silence is deafening about Dale's Ebay sale of Baker books.

Very healthy results across the board for almost all the books, IMO.

Going Steady's 10 and 12 were the most surprising to me, going for 600+ and 500+, respectively. I really wanted to upgrade my 12, but I struck out on it. Didn't pick up anything, actually.

Anymore opinions?

Edited by RICK STARR

Going Steady's 10 and 12 were the most surprising to me, going for 600+ and 500+, respectively. I really wanted to upgrade my 12, but I struck out on it. Didn't pick up anything, actually.

Anymore opinions?

I have actually had someone tell me that they had talked to others, and they thought by auction so many books at once that I had left thousands of dollars on the table. And this guy spent over 3 grand and wanted more of the books.

I was personally pleased, but I didn't really have anything to go on. A few surprised me.

Anymore opinions?

I have actually had someone tell me that they had talked to others, and they thought by auction so many books at once that I had left thousands of dollars on the table. And this guy spent over 3 grand and wanted more of the books.

I was personally pleased, but I didn't really have anything to go on. A few surprised me.

The prices were pretty strong across the board, so I don't know how much more you would have made by trickling them out. That Sparkle City eBay auction a few years ago, on the other hand, I think really shortchanged the consignor because there were so many scare, high-grade copies put up in one auction.

Anymore opinions?

The prices were pretty strong across the board, so I don't know how much more you would have made by trickling them out. That Sparkle City eBay auction a few years ago, on the other hand, I think really shortchanged the consignor because there were so many scare, high-grade copies put up in one auction.

Yeah, I'm not worried about it. I was happy with the prices. I hope everyone got some books they wanted.

Anymore opinions?

Yeah, I'm not worried about it. I was happy with the prices. I hope everyone got some books they wanted.

I am still waiting for the Diary Sectets 12 :acclaim:

Anymore opinions?

Could someone put up a list of what sold, the prices, and grades? I can't find any of it on ebay. I was gone, so I missed all the auction finals.

Anymore opinions?

Could someone put up a list of what sold, the prices, and grades? I can't find any of it on ebay. I was gone, so I missed all the auction finals.

Run advanced search using cbmadness as seller and check completed listings box.

BLUE RIBBON COMICS #2 CGC 5.5 OW PGS BEAUTIFUL MATT BAKER COVER ART!

2ND HIGHEST CERTIFIED! ONLY 1 CGC 6.5 GRADED HIGHER

$197.50

PICTORIAL CONFESSIONS #1 CGC 6.0 WHITE PGS BEAUTIFUL MATT BAKER COVER ART!

$233.50

PICTORIAL ROMANCES #10 CGC 5.5 OW PGS BEAUTIFUL MATT BAKER COVER ART!

$193.50

AUTHENTIC POLICE CASES #23 CGC 6.5 OW PGS MATT BAKER COVER ART! HIGHEST GRADED

HIGHEST CERTIFIED COPY!

$180.07

AUTHENTIC POLICE CASES #24 CGC 7.5 OW PGS! HIGH GRADE MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

$377.00

GOING STEADY #10 CGC 4.5 OWW PGS! MATT BAKER COVER ART! HIGHEST CERTIFIED!

HIGHEST GRADED COPY!

$611.00

TEEN-AGE TEMPTATIONS #5 CGC 6.5 OWW PGS MATT BAKER COVER & ART! HIGHEST GRADED

HIGHEST CERTIFIED COPY!

$266.00

CINDERELLA LOVE #15 CGC 4.0 OW PGS! CLASSIC MATT BAKER COVER ART!

$308.00

PICTORIAL ROMANCES #7 CGC 7.0 OW PGS! MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

$287.99

TEEN-AGE ROMANCES #40 CGC 2.0 OW PAGES! GREAT MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

$163.50

TEEN-AGE ROMANCES #36 CGC 5.0 OWW PGS MATT BAKER COVER & ART! HIGHEST GRADED!

HIGHEST CERTIFIED COPY! SPANKING PANEL!

$536.00

DIARY SECRETS #14 CGC 7.5 OWW PAGES! BEAUTIFUL MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

2ND HIGHEST GRADED! ONLY 1 CGC 8.0 HIGHER!

$460.00

DIARY SECRETS #4 CGC 7.0 OWW PAGES! BEAUTIFUL MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

2ND HIGHEST GRADED! ONLY 1 CGC 7.5 HIGHER!

$466.00

GOING STEADY #12 CGC 5.0 OWW PGS! CLASSIC MATT BAKER COVER ART!

2ND HIGHEST GRADED COPY! ONLY 1 CGC 6.5 GRADED HIGHER!

$535.00

PICTORIAL ROMANCES #8 CGC 7.5 OWW PGS! DOUBLE COVER! MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

2ND HIGHEST GRADED COPY! ONLY 1 CGC 8.0 GRADED HIGHER!

$531.00

GIANT COMICS EDITIONS #15 CGC 3.0 OW PAGES! MATT BAKER COVER & ART! BEAUTY!

$631.00

SEVEN SEAS COMICS #1 CGC 4.0 OWW PAGES! MATT BAKER COVER ART! VERY TOUGH!

$519.00

PICTORIAL ROMANCES #7 CGC 4.0 STUNNING MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

$261.00

TEEN-AGE ROMANCES #13 CGC 3.5 OW PAGES! MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

2ND HIGHEST CERTIFIED! ONLY 1 CGC 5.0 GRADED HIGHER!

$360.00

PICTORIAL ROMANCES #20 CGC 6.5 OWW PGS! MATT BAKER COVER & ART! HIGHEST GRADED

HIGHEST CERTIFIED COPY! GIANT 100 PAGE ISSUE!

$688.90

TEEN-AGE ROMANCES #24 CGC 7.0 OW PGS! MATT BAKER COVER & ART! LILY RENEE!

2ND HIGHEST GRADED COPY! ONLY A CGC 8.5 HIGHER!

$416.00

TEEN-AGE TEMPTATIONS #1 CGC 5.0 CLASSIC MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

$311.00

AUTHENTIC POLICE CASES #19 CGC 6.5 OW PGS! HIGH GRADE MATT BAKER COVER ART!

2ND HIGHEST CERTIFIED! ONLY 1 CGC 7.5 GRADED HIGHER!

$301.23

WARTIME ROMANCES #10 CGC 5.0 AWESOME MATT BAKER COVER & ART!

2ND HIGHEST CERTIFIED! ONLY 1 CGC 6.5 HIGHER GRADED

$318.00