• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,575 posts in this topic

Why do you suppose that Teen-Age Romances #10, which evidently sold for over $400. on eBay not too long ago, is back up for sale again already? Did the winner bail? Did the seller's shill bidder get stuck with the book?

Well, the winning bidder has a lot of feedback and the price doesn't seem out of line for a very tough book -- only three copies on the census, with none higher than 5.0. Still there doesn't seem to have been enough time for the book to have been received and returned. Something else seems to have scotched the deal. hm

It looks as though the book has sustained a rather large tear along the spine at the top of the front cover! Wonder how that happened?

Why do you suppose that Teen-Age Romances #10, which evidently sold for over $400. on eBay not too long ago, is back up for sale again already? Did the winner bail? Did the seller's shill bidder get stuck with the book?

Well, the winning bidder has a lot of feedback and the price doesn't seem out of line for a very tough book -- only three copies on the census, with none higher than 5.0. Still there doesn't seem to have been enough time for the book to have been received and returned. Something else seems to have scotched the deal. hm

It looks as though the book has sustained a rather large tear along the spine at the top of the front cover! Wonder how that happened?

I'm sure that explains it. I can hazard a guess that in preparing the book for mailing, the seller somehow tore it and the buyer then declined to complete the transaction.

I'm sure that explains it. I can hazard a guess that in preparing the book for mailing, the seller somehow tore it and the buyer then declined to complete the transaction.

Something awful must have happened. Note that the photo in the new listing also shows new damage on the cover around "Teen-Age".

You never know with scarce Baker books, but I would guess the seller will take a couple of hundred dollar hit ... unless someone who missed the auction the first time around notices it this time.

Well, that doesn't make me feel good, because I traded it last year for another Baker I wanted more... :o But, I'm still happy with the book I got, although I'm sure the veteran Baker collector I traded with got the best of the deal.

Well, I would say you did ok if you like the books you received better than the books you gave up. The way I look at it, even if the (hypothetical) dollar value of what you gave up is greater than the dollar value of what you received, you would have had to go to the trouble of first selling your books and then locating copies of the books you received.

Who knows how that might have worked out?