• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,559 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
4 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

The pic is a little fuzzy, but it looks like a nice copy.

Sorry; yes probably high side of mid-grade due to a little Nick at top of back cover, but presents slightly higher than overall technical from the front. I will try to reshoot it.

It does look nice.  Any chance of making a flat scan?  :wishluck:

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Unfortunately, no scanner. But I usually get clear shots when not rushing. Should have waited until kids 'n dog settle.

That's easy.  Put the dog to bed... let the kids out... and just relax and take your time.  :cloud9:

An amazing copy, one of the best I've seen.  Plan to have it graded?  If so, I think you might just have 2nd in the census... and who knows, if the grade gets finalized on a Friday...   

Edited by 29dukedog

12 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

An amazing copy, one of the best I've seen.  Plan to have it graded?  If so, I think you might just have 2nd in the census... and who knows, if the grade gets finalized on a Friday...   

I hadn't noticed there's an 8.5 on the census.  Has that been there long?

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
12 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

I hadn't noticed there's an 8.5 on the census.  Has that been there long?

Ten years or so.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, Sqeggs said:

Is that all? :)

Why not?  I'm working on my post count. 

I was compelled to slab it pretty much right away after buying it in '07.  It looked too good to be true, and I wanted to be certain it had no resto.  In other cases, like my 25, I know for a fact; the book came from a local store owner/friend who'd just bought an original owner collection that came with a detailed history.  I'm not worried about resto on the 25, so slabbing can wait.    

Edited by 29dukedog
exposition

On 1/10/2018 at 4:39 PM, Sqeggs said:

Another issue with few slabbed copies (highest is a 6.0) either because it's scarce (doesn't seem so in lower grades) or because it's not sufficiently desirable to bother slabbing (except by people like me!).

2018-01-10-0001_zpsfckmyd2p.JPG

The original art for this cover still exists!!!