• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,502 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Odd that these get posted together. I just picked these up in a local trade last weekend for some marginal SA books! The guy doesn't like "love books"

Coincidences and kangaroos abound. 

I know it isn't romance but the reprint in Daring Adventures (Phantom Lady) is still a great deal considering how Bakers have gone up in value. You can get a decent copy for $50 and under.

I'd have to say that Teen-age romances 19 is a really difficult issue to get.  I have a very low grade copy.   Are there even any high grade issues out there?  

17 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

I'd have to say that Teen-age romances 19 is a really difficult issue to get.  I have a very low grade copy.   

I don't have one (been looking, no luck).

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Odd that these get posted together. I just picked these up in a local trade last weekend for some marginal SA books! The guy doesn't like "love books"

comtruelovepictorial10.jpg

comtruelovepictorial11.jpg

Sounds like my kind of seller!

1 hour ago, JvR11 said:

I'd have to say that Teen-age romances 19 is a really difficult issue to get.  I have a very low grade copy.   Are there even any high grade issues out there?  

Census says there's a 7.0 and a 5.5.  I bought this copy almost five years ago and haven't been able to upgrade in the interim.  Hard to see in the scan, but this copy has a bad spine roll.  I'd like to get it pressed, just to improve its appearance.  With the detached cover, removing the spine roll may not have much effect on the grade. 

2018-03-03-0001_zpsv0n9nx0b.jpg

Never did get the opportunity to upgrade TT2.  I like this cover more than most in the series.  I know some of you have some nice grades in this one.  I'm not sure this would fly today, guy looks like he should be her teacher.

TT2.jpg

Edited by JvR11

My TR 19 is kind of a "do it yourself" copy... first I found a lower grade copy with a decent cover, and decent PQ... but the CF was missing.  Then I found another very beat and very cheap copy which I bought just for its CF.  I married that CF to the first copy, and that's my TR 19.

Several years ago, Tomorrow's Treasures had an upper mid grade copy for sale for almost a grand.  I passed on it because it seemed to me the colors had mellowed, and I really prefered my colorful homemade copy. 

22 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

Here is my copy of TR 19.  What is also really rare is that there is a storyline on the interior front and back covers.

I believe WR #5 has one of those, too.  It's cool to see Baker's art printed in b&w like that.  

5 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

My TR 19 is kind of a "do it yourself" copy... first I found a lower grade copy with a decent cover, and decent PQ... but the CF was missing.  Then I found another very beat and very cheap copy which I bought just for its CF.  I married that CF to the first copy, and that's my TR 19.

Several years ago, Tomorrow's Treasures had an upper mid grade copy for sale for almost a grand.  I passed on it because it seemed to me the colors had mellowed, and I really prefered my colorful homemade copy. 

I believe WR #5 has one of those, too.  It's cool to see Baker's art printed in b&w like that.  

That's the way to do it.  I would scan my interior but it's not in the best of shape and I don't want to cause any damage.

21 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

Never did get the opportunity to upgrade TT2.  I like this cover more than most in the series.  I know some of you have some nice grades in this one.  I'm not sure this would fly today, guy looks like he should be her teacher.

TT2.jpg

Your copy has very nice colors.  My copy is a bit washed out.  There's also a 7.0 and two 7.5s on the census.  Iirc, one of the 7.5s is from the Sixth Street collection.

2018-03-03-0001_zps9uv1qz7u.JPG

20 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

What is also a real treat is when you find the square bounds that have not been flattened.  I don't remember where I got this one but I do recall it being an upgrade.  

PR.jpg

Nice copy.  There's a four-way tie at the top of the census at 6.5.  You might make it a five-way tie!

46d6fcc2-c07f-4eb5-90f2-92c514b326a9_zpsaxk6b1kj.JPG

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Your copy has very nice colors.  My copy is a bit washed out.  There's also a 7.0 and two 7.5s on the census.  Iirc, one of the 7.5s is from the Sixth Street collection.

2018-03-03-0001_zps9uv1qz7u.JPG

When I was looking up this issue it looks like one sold about 6 years ago 7.0 at ComicConnect for $550.  I think this would go for 3 times that nowadays.  Nice copy.