• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,546 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

It hurts me to see the Baker thread on page 2... BUMP!

I overpaid for this one, but I had recently discovered that my other copy was missing big chunks from several pages on the interior (not that it matters too much as it is ALL a reprint with no Baker interiors).  Also, this cover is not high enough on my list to go chasing the 5.0 coming to auction (and I like the way this one presents over the 5.0 anyway).

A whole 23 points added to my registry set!!! :screwy:

TAR42.jpg

Great book ... but you know you want to upgrade to that 5.0. :)

16 hours ago, Yorick said:

I overpaid for this one, but I had recently discovered that my other copy was missing big chunks from several pages on the interior (not that it matters too much as it is ALL a reprint with no Baker interiors).  Also, this cover is not high enough on my list to go chasing the 5.0 coming to auction (and I like the way this one presents over the 5.0 anyway).

TAR42.jpg

Great colors, OW/W pages. Looks fantastic to me, congrats!

16 hours ago, Yorick said:

TAR42.jpg

Pretty copy (with excellent PQ), Evan. Best I've managed on that issue is a 2.5, which I'm actually quite pleased with.

21 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Great book ... but you know you want to upgrade to that 5.0. :)

The 5.0 is pretty clean, but those dust shadows and the color shift (typical on this issue in my experience) make this 3.5 a better choice.  The poor copy sold on ebay had pretty rusty staples and lots of stains...  didn't want to go for that one either.

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Recently Sqeggs posted his lovely copy of TAR 44, a book I've had zero leads on and zero luck finding - anyone else care to share their copy?

I just uploaded this bad pic into my registry set.  I'll have to take another photo soon, but since you asked...  I like this one a lot.  And yes, it is very hard to find.

Teen-age Romances #44 (1).JPG