• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,554 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2018 at 9:52 PM, domuhnator said:

I did pretty well on the bakers this weekend at c2e2, I believe I got 5 total. Almost picked up a 6th from Harlee but the price was a little steep. I forgot to snap a pic of the Saint 4 I grabbed. 

3BBCDCEE-1908-49FB-8698-2456038ED799.thumb.jpeg.1c78a0bb3053de304f1960551b601285.jpeg377F2D88-0E66-49A6-BC6A-BDAF6156006B.thumb.jpeg.3b91e59e6ee0317e8a7b871afc576e02.jpeg

TAR 38 is one of his best.  Is keeping the headlights on all night a good idea? hm

2 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

I apologize to any boardies that I outbid on Monday.  Just got this today.  Ratty copy, but this is my ratty copy. :acclaim:

5acfccd8ce405_GoingSteady11.thumb.jpg.55d58104c97406efdbe90e87f1c50583.jpg

I was surprised by how much that one went for, but it's both a great cover and very tough.  Congrats on landing a copy.

13 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

I apologize to any boardies that I outbid on Monday.  Just got this today.  Ratty copy, but this is my ratty copy. :acclaim:

Such a great cover.Congrats !

8 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

Cgc 4.5. Can't figure how to price these so just gave it to Clink for auction.

Did I see you at C2E2? I was swamped all weekend and may have missed you even though you were there.

Hi Leroy :hi:

Good looking 4.5.  Lots of book in those 100 pagers.

7 hours ago, lhcomics said:

Cgc 4.5. Can't figure how to price these so just gave it to Clink for auction.

Did I see you at C2E2? I was swamped all weekend and may have missed you even though you were there.

Looks better than that; where's that fabled GA bump?

I was there on Friday but when I was at your booth you were out; just Pete.  You coming back for WW?

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Looks better than that; where's that fabled GA bump?

I was there on Friday but when I was at your booth you were out; just Pete.  You coming back for WW?

It's better than 4.5 I feel so whoever gets it will be pleased. Of course I'll be at WW Chicago. Tables and Hotel booked. 

I'm going to apologize in advance for not sharing the details of these issues, but I am hunting for others and don't need the competition.  I will say that these are foreign editions (and in English, which should give you a BIG hint), but I have never seen such clean reproductions of the black and white line art.  There was no indication of what the contents were when I made the purchase (hence an UNBELIEVABLE low price), but I had a hunch they contained something good.  "Black-balled".  :roflmao:

CS18 (1).JPG

CS18 (4).JPG

CS18 (7).JPG

PL24 (2).JPG

PL24 (3).JPG

PL24 (6).JPG

1 minute ago, Yorick said:

I'm going to apologize in advance for not sharing the details of these issues, but I am hunting for others and don't need the competition.  I will say that these are foreign editions (and in English, which should give you a BIG hint), but I have never seen such clean reproductions of the black and white line art.  There was no indication of what the contents were when I made the purchase (hence an UNBELIEVABLE low price), but I had a hunch they contained something good.  "Black-balled".  :roflmao:

CS18 (1).JPG

CS18 (4).JPG

CS18 (7).JPG

PL24 (2).JPG

PL24 (3).JPG

PL24 (6).JPG

...if these are what I think they are, I watched both of them not climb an inch from the opening bid prices. I hemmed and hawed but passed in the end. 

Nice grabs. 

1 minute ago, sagii said:

...if these are what I think they are, I watched both of them not climb an inch from the opening bid prices. I hemmed and hawed but passed in the end. 

Nice grabs. 

:gossip: don't tell ANYONE!!

On 4/12/2018 at 2:18 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Very attractive looking copy for the grade.  If I didn’t have a copy, I would have bid very aggressively on this one.  I actually thought it could go much higher so congratulations on an awesome addition and getting a what may turnout very quickly into a very good deal!

Edited by BakerFanOne
Mistake