• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2019 at 12:43 PM, Sqeggs said:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and all the ships at sea, a magic moment in my collecting life has arrived! :acclaim:

Thanks to a very nice boardie (with an assist from another very nice boardie), :foryou::foryou: I have finally landed the last book that I needed to complete the Baker St John romance run.  :banana::banana::banana::banana: 

2019-02-14-0001.jpg

Great.  I guess you'll be trying to talk me out of my Little Dots now...:whistle:

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Now, like GA-Tor did with his Centaurs, a one a day posting of the whole collection with a little story about each would be awsome!

Yes, but he needs to post them in publication date order!  AND create registry sets!!! :taptaptap::whee:

That one is way into my top 10 Baker covers. Just a year or so ago I had a mid grade copy up for sale at what I really thought was a fair price. Just couldn't sell it because it wasn't a "romance" issue. A wise buyer eventually bought even though I was sticking to my price. Seems like a giveaway price now.

6 minutes ago, szav said:

Couple "cheap" ones have returned to me...although these don't seem so cheap anymore lately.  Pretty happy with the Hawk 10, haven't seen many of these...although there is a low grade copy on Superworld if anyone's dying for one.

APC29cgc45.jpg

Texan8cgc6.jpg

Hawk10cgc65.jpg

Nice APC 29

29 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

My copy bought many years ago.

authentic police cases 29.jpeg

Nice! I'll jump in that pool too. That redhead is smokin'. It took a while but people finally got wise that all of Baker's best work wasn't just romance. I have quietly been picking up decent copies of these APC for years and am just down to a couple now.

comauthpolicecases29.jpg

53 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Many thanks to a couple of great boardies (you know who you are). A nice copy of one of my big wants is now in the junk pile! So stoked to cross the last of my Crowns off the list!  :x

FA30F21E-464A-48B8-9A82-072C7DD8448D.jpeg

7B60825F-694B-4D28-BF4E-67357FD1ABC1.jpeg

:golfclap:Congrats RM!

I know you've been wanting that one for a while.  Lots of other greats did interiors on that one too.

17 minutes ago, sagii said:

:golfclap:Congrats RM!

I know you've been wanting that one for a while.  Lots of other greats did interiors on that one too.

Thanks Corey!  Yeah, early Baker cover with hot rods and an interior story.  Also, early Feldstein with his signature “headlights”.