Baker Romance
35 35

10,396 posts in this topic

6,769 posts
5 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

So Dave O'Dell's books arrived and I am very happy. In fact I let out a gasp when I opened the box.

I've waited 20 years for a copy of GS 13 to come around, and it made it's way to me. I was going to get it no matter what. I upped my ebay snipe at the last minute to $3600.00, even then I was worried. But all's well that ends well as the Bard once said.

I brought it to a local show where I boasted it's probably the best existing copy. A local dealer corrected me and said the Bethlehem copy is better. He said he'd seen it and knew the guy personal. Everybody wants to harsh my mellow.

The DS 11 was also a beauty and I'm more than happy with the price I paid. If I sold it on here, I'd ask for, and I imagine would get more.

going steady 13.jpeg

diary secrets 11a.jpeg

Beautiful books there. Congrats on the grail, we can all relate to that feeling! :applause:

4,170 posts

Someone got a nice Baker deal on eBay

:whistle:

1,155 posts

How cool is that original owner collection on the feebay?!!  The "Lucy" collection!!!  She had GREAT taste.

4,170 posts
54 minutes ago, Yorick said:

How cool is that original owner collection on the feebay?!!  The "Lucy" collection!!!  She had GREAT taste.

Link?

1,155 posts
Just now, manetteska said:

Link?

Just do a "Teen-age Romances" search and look for the water-logged copy of issue 32 (or search "Matt Baker").  Avalon-Collectibles is the seller, and you'll want to look at all of his/her listings.

I'll attempt to link it though:

123886534798?hash=item1cd836808e:g:GMsAAhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-Age-Romances-32-Matt-Baker-art-1950s-Romance/123886534798?hash=item1cd836808e:g:GMsAAOSwLIhdYuR4

2,751 posts
5 hours ago, Yorick said:

Great taste in comics, but evidently used them to line her hamster cage. 

1,610 posts
8 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Great taste in comics, but evidently used them to line her hamster cage. 

Nothing a good press couldn't straighten out I'm sure...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-Age-Romances-32-Matt-Baker-art-1950s-Romance/123886534798?hash=item1cd836808e:g:GMsAAOSwLIhdYuR4

3,627 posts
13 hours ago, Yorick said:

I spent a little while today flipping through some new arrivals...

CR - One Love Too Many.JPG

CR - Road to Disgrace.JPG

CR 2 (4).JPG

Where are they printed in black and white?

1,155 posts
5 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Where are they printed in black and white?

I'll be keeping that secret until I have finished acquiring at least one copy of each issue.  I will reveal that these are 60+ page foreign editions, and each copy I have so-far procured has been PACKED with Baker art.

8,754 posts

48678438712_a41ee86a2f_o.gif

OK, Seven Seas cover is an action shot but in case you wonder what happened next (as I do) I noticed a page with a follow up.  Luckily she was fighting a lone shark.

48678265851_86fc9df92c_b.jpg

8,754 posts
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, comicnoir said:

So Dave O'Dell's books arrived and I am very happy. In fact I let out a gasp when I opened the box.

I've waited 20 years for a copy of GS 13 to come around, and it made it's way to me. I was going to get it no matter what. I upped my ebay snipe at the last minute to $3600.00, even then I was worried. But all's well that ends well as the Bard once said.

I brought it to a local show where I boasted it's probably the best existing copy. A local dealer corrected me and said the Bethlehem copy is better. He said he'd seen it and knew the guy personal. Everybody wants to harsh my mellow.

The DS 11 was also a beauty and I'm more than happy with the price I paid. If I sold it on here, I'd ask for, and I imagine would get more.

going steady 13.jpeg

diary secrets 11a.jpeg

I sold this copy recently...

42351350774_214a12aa03_b.jpg

32,115 posts
13 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

I have a 2.0 copy coming back from CGC, so it will be interesting to see what it brings.

4,032 posts
46 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

If all 2.0's looked like that, what a wonderful world it would be!

His Venus 19 and TAR 43 also present fantastically for the grades.  Quite a good eye, this guy.

1,610 posts
1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

Nice... been a while since there was a sale that registered on GPA.  Will be fun and informative to watch.