• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

So Dave O'Dell's books arrived and I am very happy. In fact I let out a gasp when I opened the box.

I've waited 20 years for a copy of GS 13 to come around, and it made it's way to me. I was going to get it no matter what. I upped my ebay snipe at the last minute to $3600.00, even then I was worried. But all's well that ends well as the Bard once said.

I brought it to a local show where I boasted it's probably the best existing copy. A local dealer corrected me and said the Bethlehem copy is better. He said he'd seen it and knew the guy personal. Everybody wants to harsh my mellow.

The DS 11 was also a beauty and I'm more than happy with the price I paid. If I sold it on here, I'd ask for, and I imagine would get more.

going steady 13.jpeg

diary secrets 11a.jpeg

Beautiful books there. Congrats on the grail, we can all relate to that feeling! :applause:

Just now, manetteska said:

Link?

Just do a "Teen-age Romances" search and look for the water-logged copy of issue 32 (or search "Matt Baker").  Avalon-Collectibles is the seller, and you'll want to look at all of his/her listings.

I'll attempt to link it though:

123886534798?hash=item1cd836808e:g:GMsAAhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-Age-Romances-32-Matt-Baker-art-1950s-Romance/123886534798?hash=item1cd836808e:g:GMsAAOSwLIhdYuR4

5 hours ago, Yorick said:

How cool is that original owner collection on the feebay?!!  The "Lucy" collection!!!  She had GREAT taste.

Great taste in comics, but evidently used them to line her hamster cage. 

5 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Where are they printed in black and white?

I'll be keeping that secret until I have finished acquiring at least one copy of each issue.  I will reveal that these are 60+ page foreign editions, and each copy I have so-far procured has been PACKED with Baker art.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, comicnoir said:

So Dave O'Dell's books arrived and I am very happy. In fact I let out a gasp when I opened the box.

I've waited 20 years for a copy of GS 13 to come around, and it made it's way to me. I was going to get it no matter what. I upped my ebay snipe at the last minute to $3600.00, even then I was worried. But all's well that ends well as the Bard once said.

I brought it to a local show where I boasted it's probably the best existing copy. A local dealer corrected me and said the Bethlehem copy is better. He said he'd seen it and knew the guy personal. Everybody wants to harsh my mellow.

The DS 11 was also a beauty and I'm more than happy with the price I paid. If I sold it on here, I'd ask for, and I imagine would get more.

going steady 13.jpeg

diary secrets 11a.jpeg

I sold this copy recently...

42351350774_214a12aa03_b.jpg

46 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

If all 2.0's looked like that, what a wonderful world it would be!

His Venus 19 and TAR 43 also present fantastically for the grades.  Quite a good eye, this guy.

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

Nice... been a while since there was a sale that registered on GPA.  Will be fun and informative to watch.