Baker Romance
35 35

10,457 posts in this topic

4,454 posts
51 minutes ago, szav said:

Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,767 posts
6 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Wow!

I’ve never seen St. John Baker OA pages.  Gotta say though the  walls of text kinda spoil them.

Im sure they’ll go pretty high but I like the Baker FH pages I’ve seen more.

Edited by szav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,265 posts

Cinderalla Love #25 up on ebay, featuring "some minor touch ups near the spine, the upper part of the front cover might ha[ve] been trim[m]ed at some time and the book has a slight musty smell."

Already at $676.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,688 posts
1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Cinderalla Love #25 up on ebay, featuring "some minor touch ups near the spine, the upper part of the front cover might ha[ve] been trim[m]ed at some time and the book has a slight musty smell."

Already at $676.

With an unrestored 2.0 going for $4k, I think it's got a long way to go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,265 posts
5 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Cinderalla Love #25 up on ebay, featuring "some minor touch ups near the spine, the upper part of the front cover might ha[ve] been trim[m]ed at some time and the book has a slight musty smell."

Already at $676.

With an unrestored 2.0 going for $4k, I think it's got a long way to go...

Depends on what "minor touch ups" means. And if someone is willing to take a chance it's a typical St. John's miscut and not a trim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,205 posts
3 hours ago, manetteska said:

Depends on what "minor touch ups" means. And if someone is willing to take a chance it's a typical St. John's miscut and not a trim.

With the touch-ups, I wouldn't be so quick to call the top trimming a production miscut.  Looks to me like when someone tries to cut a stack of paper on a large cutting board and the paper shifts halfway through the cut.

Despite it's flaws, that is one great presenting copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,265 posts
54 minutes ago, Yorick said:

 

4 hours ago, manetteska said:

Depends on what "minor touch ups" means. And if someone is willing to take a chance it's a typical St. John's miscut and not a trim.

With the touch-ups, I wouldn't be so quick to call the top trimming a production miscut.  Looks to me like when someone tries to cut a stack of paper on a large cutting board and the paper shifts halfway through the cut.

Despite it's flaws, that is one great presenting copy.

 

I’m not calling the cut one way or the other. I’m srating away from this one, though it does look very nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,767 posts
1 hour ago, manetteska said:

I’m not calling the cut one way or the other. I’m srating away from this one, though it does look very nice. 

Restored ... ships from France... no refunds.  Sign me up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,454 posts

He does have 100% feedback on over 1000 transactions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,769 posts

Blissard has listed a bunch of low grade Bakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,937 posts
16 hours ago, tabcom said:

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 7.18.37 AM.png

It ended just a little higher than I expected. 
for someone who wants a nice presenting copy and doesn’t care about grading they ended up with a nice looking book. 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,160 posts
On 10/31/2019 at 6:20 AM, tabcom said:

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 7.18.37 AM.png

Not super shocked. At least three blue label 2.0s have sold between $3700 and $4500...so $3000 or so for a nice looking copy with some resto is about right. I think $2500 is the floor for just about any copy with a cover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,454 posts

I like how they describe Texan 9 as girl with whip, it's actually a riding crop. Used for horses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460 posts

Regardless of the "highest graded" status, the price on that copy of Texan #6 seems steep, considering that there is no Baker art at all inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
35 35