• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying at SD-Comic con & restoration issuses questions

5 posts in this topic

I'm going to the sdcc this year for the first time & with all the talk of restoration I am wondering

what most dealers views on the subject are?.. Now if I'm buying a book in the $100-200-up range I'm getting it just to take to cgc then... Do most dealers say if they know or think it has been? doh!

Does anyone ever ask what the dealers polices are on the subject?.. would they get offended by this?.. are there any dealers there that are well known for having books that have been worked on or that should be avoided?.. (shrug)

Sorry for yet another subject on the matter but mcmiles post reminded me that I should be asking this some time soon since the con is coming up fast or at least it sure seems like it!!

Do most dealers say if they know or think it has been?

If you ask them, yes.

Does anyone ever ask what the dealers polices are on the subject?.

Yes, I have and most dealers will be very honest with you. Your best bet will be to go with the name dealers you know and the ones associated with the boards here.

would they get offended by this?.

I doubt it as long as you are polite.

are there any dealers there that are well known for having books that have been worked on or that should be avoided?.. \(shrug\)

I'm not the best person to answer that.