• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broken CGC cases *sigh*

3 posts in this topic

Today, while re-boxing some of my slabbed books, the unthinkable occurred...

I stepped on and cracked 4 of my cases...

Question: When I send these in for a new holder/new enclosure, are the books going to be re-graded? The reason that I ask, is that I was pleasantly surprised with two of the grades...I don't want to re-submit and then get them back graded lower.

The damage isn't really that bad, but still very noticeable.

Also, what is the estimated time of return for a re-casing?

• Administrator

We have a ReHolder service ($11 per book plus return shipping) where we will check the book for any damage and if it is fine, re-encapsulate it at the same grade. You will want to send the book with all of the remaining outer case in order to be eligible for this service. The estimated turnaround (not including shipping time) is 10 business days.

Does it matter how badly damaged the holder is, if the book and inner well are OK? I had heard that CGC would insist on a regrade if the holder is damaged enough that a different inner well could be fitted into it, is that right?