• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressman Mail Away Comics Appreciation Thread
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Hell, everything thing else got one, how 'bout a Pressman Mail Away Variant Thread, & no I'm not baiting anyone - it's about the love :luhv:

Just got this one back from Sarasota, well happy

307F.jpg

307B.jpg

Top graded at present (well until Dre's come back!!)

Here's my 297 Pressman, highest and only graded. It's the rarest of all the Pressmans.

297gold.jpg297goldback.jpg

Here's a 307 Pressman I'm sitting on until my other one comes back from grading:

307golds.jpg

What the hell's a pressman?

If you look at the back scan of the books you can see that it's advertising 'Pressman' (the toy company) board games. Within some of these games were 2nd prints of UXM #303, #307 (gold covers) & XM #11 (this was silver) and you could 'mail away' for #297 (gold), this is why, this is the rarest, I believe?

If you look at the back scan of the books you can see that it's advertising 'Pressman' (the toy company) board games. Within some of these games were 2nd prints of UXM #303, #307 (gold covers) & XM #11 (this was silver) and you could 'mail away' for #297 (gold), this is why, this is the rarest, I believe?

303 & 307 were mail-aways also. X-Men 11 was the only one in the box before they started the coupon submission.

Here's my 297 Pressman, highest and only graded. It's the rarest of all the Pressmans.

297gold.jpg297goldback.jpg

Here's a 307 Pressman I'm sitting on until my other one comes back from grading:

307golds.jpg

Good luck :wishluck:

303 & 307 were mail-aways also. X-Men 11 was the only one in the box before they started the coupon submission.

Are you sure 303 & 307 were mail aways? I asked several Ebay sellers of the Pressman X-Men Alert game and they said theirs came with either the 303 or 307 already inside. As far as I know, only 297 had to be redeemed by mail.

Are you sure 303 & 307 were mail aways? I asked several Ebay sellers of the Pressman X-Men Alert game and they said theirs came with either the 303 or 307 already inside. As far as I know, only 297 had to be redeemed by mail.

I'll have to look into that. I was told a long time ago that the X-Men 11 was the only one inside the box. It was actually advertised on the actually box lid with a picture of it. I actually have the game here with the X-Men 11 picture on it. The others had a "mail-away" offer.

Hell, everything thing else got one, how 'bout a Pressman Mail Away Variant Thread, & no I'm not baiting anyone - it's about the love :luhv:

307F.jpg

307B.jpg

Well I hate to tell you but I just got my grades online for my 307 gold... And you're still #1!!!! For now... :sorry:

My 307 Pressman was just graded 9.2

I also had a X-Men 11 Pressman graded, coming back 9.4

Good stuff for books that are mis-handled.

307F.jpg

307B.jpg

Well I hate to tell you but I just got my grades online for my 307 gold... And you're still #1!!!! For now... :sorry:

My 307 Pressman was just graded 9.2

I also had a X-Men 11 Pressman graded, coming back 9.4

Good stuff for books that are mis-handled.

:banana: