• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressman Mail Away Comics Appreciation Thread
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Is an X-Men #11 Pressman in 9.8 a good book?

just wondering what kind of value something like that would have...

(shrug)

That particular book is the most common of the Pressmans since it was advertised and packed in with the Alert Adventure game but a double cover 9.8 sold for $250 last year. For some reason GPA doesn't list the sale but it was tracked on the STL Comics Variant Mafia Forum Pressman Thread.

Edited by BeachBum

303 & 307 from what I still understand were all "mail-aways". Until someone opens up a sealed box and finds 1 in there instead of the coupon that's all we'll know. No one has confirmed otherwise instead of some anecdotal evidence.

Apologies for necro-ing this thread...

I picked up a sealed copy of the game for cheap, opened it up today, and this was inside. 307 is defenitely not mail-away only.

Not sure what it'll grade with the printers crease on top edge and wear at lower staple front. It's otherwise flawless.

(click for larger)

press_f_307s.jpgpress_b_307s.jpg

Edited by sl4ppy

303 & 307 from what I still understand were all "mail-aways". Until someone opens up a sealed box and finds 1 in there instead of the coupon that's all we'll know. No one has confirmed otherwise instead of some anecdotal evidence.

I picked up a sealed copy of the game for cheap, opened it up today, and this was inside. 307 is defenitely not mail-away only.

Not sure what it'll grade with the printers crease on top edge and wear at lower staple front. It's otherwise flawless.

(click for larger)

:applause::applause::applause:

(click for larger)

Was it in the alert game?

You can ID the pressmans by the different colors in the covers, they don't match the originals.

The back cover is also a Pressman ad instead of the regular back cover.

1 hour ago, topcat54 said:

Ok so I found this one the other day.Is this a pressman variant if so is this one rare? How much would it be worth?

XMEN295F.thumb.jpg.bd2f1689f8e9a48a2659fcd7b02b6dcc.jpg

XMEN295BACK.thumb.jpg.16f5544e0ac758b16f47d5afd09b0664.jpg

Well, you can find one here for $0.25 + shipping. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Uncanny-X-Men-295-See-Photos-For-Condition/153494733666?hash=item23bcffc362:g:LksAAOSwAdtc19cD

I also checked my copies.  All of the UXM #295 issues had a Pressman ad on the back cover.