• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressman Mail Away Comics Appreciation Thread
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Picked up a 303 this weekend (7.0 or so) for 2.00 at an LCS

Nice job :applause: as I said previously I picked my #307 9.4 for $3.00, the #303 seems hard to find, there is a seller who wants $80 for a VF+ raw - if I'm paying that price I think I need it graded lol

Nice job :applause: as I said previously I picked my #307 9.4 for $3.00, the #303 seems hard to find, there is a seller who wants $80 for a VF+ raw - if I'm paying that price I think I need it graded lol

Sold Nik or October ...I do not remember which (: 8.5 or so 303 a couple years ago....for a few dollars.

Just did not care about variants at that time...... :)

Edited by CJ

Sold Nik or October ...I do not remember which (: 8.5 or so 303 a couple years ago....for a few dollars.

Just did not care about variants at that time...... :)

which in turn was sold to me.....I now have 4, but alas, no 307 :cry:

Here is the new addition to the family. It's the best copy of the Pressman 303 Gold I've ever had. :banana:

BTW, seller told me he "mailed away" for it.

303gold.jpg

303goldback.jpg

So I guess we can now confirm the following:

X-Men #11 Silver - Packed with the X-Men board games only

Uncanny X-Men #297 - Only obtainable through mail-away

Uncanny X-Men #303 - Some were packed with the board games, but can also be obtained through mail-away

Uncanny X-Men #307 - Some were packed with the board games, but can also be obtained through mail-away

So I guess we can now confirm the following:

X-Men #11 Silver - Packed with the X-Men board games only

Uncanny X-Men #297 - Only obtainable through mail-away

Uncanny X-Men #303 - Some were packed with the board games, but can also be obtained through mail-away

Uncanny X-Men #307 - Some were packed with the board games, but can also be obtained through mail-away

303 & 307 from what I still understand were all "mail-aways". Until someone opens up a sealed box and finds 1 in there instead of the coupon that's all we'll know. No one has confirmed otherwise instead of some anecdotal evidence.

I seem to recall, I COULD BE WRONG, that X-Men 11 was 2nd printed with silver...

anyone know if this is correct or not....Maybe I was just looking at a pressman years back and thought it was a 2nd print

I seem to recall, I COULD BE WRONG, that X-Men 11 was 2nd printed with silver...

anyone know if this is correct or not....Maybe I was just looking at a pressman years back and thought it was a 2nd print

The 2nd print you speak of IS the Silver Pressman.