• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressman Mail Away Comics Appreciation Thread
1 1

71 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, topcat54 said:

Ok so I found this one the other day.Is this a pressman variant if so is this one rare? How much would it be worth?

XMEN295F.thumb.jpg.bd2f1689f8e9a48a2659fcd7b02b6dcc.jpg

XMEN295BACK.thumb.jpg.16f5544e0ac758b16f47d5afd09b0664.jpg

That's the standard back cover ad for all copies of Uncanny X-Men #295. Not rare. Not worth much. Radically overproduced.

55 minutes ago, topcat54 said:

so I guess my question is would this be a true pressman?

No.  The Pressman books are well documented.

Uncanny X-Men #297
Uncanny X-Men #303
Uncanny X-Men #307
X-Men (Vol 2) #11

The only one that is never talked about, either because people don't know about it or don't care (I'm guessing mostly the latter), is the X-Men: Survival Guide to the Mansion issue.  That came packed in one of the board games.

Hello, was seeking help concerning X-men #307 Pressman :) 

Been longing to find any Pressman issue in the wild, but it hasn't happened yet lol 

Anyway long story short, a LCS has found one, that appears NM- in the mylar, but they priced it at $60....... is that a fair price?

I'm having trouble finding too many sales of slabs, raw it seems a fair price, kind of priced at VF condition.... at $60.

BUT the LCS is having a 22% off sale, so the issue with tax would come to more like $50......

Normally this wouldn't make or break me, but with a con coming up etc. just trying to be a smart buyer..... :wishluck: 

Any Help?

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hello, was seeking help concerning X-men #307 Pressman :) 

Been longing to find any Pressman issue in the wild, but it hasn't happened yet lol 

Anyway long story short, a LCS has found one, that appears NM- in the mylar, but they priced it at $60....... is that a fair price?

I'm having trouble finding too many sales of slabs, raw it seems a fair price, kind of priced at VF condition.... at $60.

BUT the LCS is having a 22% off sale, so the issue with tax would come to more like $50......

Normally this wouldn't make or break me, but with a con coming up etc. just trying to be a smart buyer..... :wishluck: 

Any Help?

Not a bad price for that book.  Personally, I would wait, as you're bound to come across a copy eventually at a much better price.  For example, I had this book on my watch list for about a year and picked one up, albeit a copy in Fine condition, at a cost basis of $8.52.

Consider this... buy the book now.  Keep looking for another copy.  When you find one for cheaper and/or in better condition, sell this one at cost.

4 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Not a bad price for that book.  Personally, I would wait, as you're bound to come across a copy eventually at a much better price.  For example, I had this book on my watch list for about a year and picked one up, albeit a copy in Fine condition, at a cost basis of $8.52.

Consider this... buy the book now.  Keep looking for another copy.  When you find one for cheaper and/or in better condition, sell this one at cost.

That sounds like a plan :)

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@masterlogan2000

It needs a press to be NM-

So I guess I'm not sending it in right away lol

But thanks for the vote of confidence, tell me what you think for $50.00

That's a sharp looking copy.  (thumbsu

If you were planning on getting it graded, then I'm guessing most of that will easily press out.  Then again, you could always keep it raw and just wait until the next copy comes along, then reassess what you want to do.