• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you care if the artwork was mounted to a foam core board?

14 posts in this topic

I have one page that I purchased after it had been mounted to a thin sheet of white plastic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/tlc55555/COMIC%20ART/2_Bloodstorm/68.jpg

I really wanted the page and it's not like I'd have a chance to pick up a better copy. I would have paid more if it hadn't been mounted though. The collector that had it mounted was from Europe. He had some very nice pages, but mounted them ALL on plastic. Ouch!!!

If you had the chance to buy a cool page mounted to a foam core board would you? Assume it couldn't be removed. Myself, I am leaning towards the "no" reply.

Depends on the art.

If it was something I'd want to display, the framed art wouldremove any backing board out of sight.

Out of sight out of mind.

If you had the chance to buy a cool page mounted to a foam core board would you?

Yes, it wouldn't bother me at all. I am also not bothered by colorized art and/or personalized art.

I am a freak!

Also depends on if it was mounted in a way that would harm the art in the long run.

I'm not going to pay top dollar for a sharpie sketch that will fade over time - so I'm not going to buy a cover that a collector made a bone-headed mistake with either.

personal differences aside.. if I was offered a great Hal Foster or Alex Raymond page that was mounted to foamcore.. so be it. It is what it is.

In a field of "there is only one" you can't always be that choosey

if you want THAT PIECE, you can't say "I'm going to wait until the other one comes available".. there is no "other one"

It isn't like a Superman #1 that you can buy right now and continue to upgrade for 40 years.. any great piece of art should maintain it's value even if some mo-ron did indeed mount it - unless he mounted it right on the drywall in his room and you had to cut it out with a saw to keep it.

pedestrian art however.. well it was pedestrian anyway, what value can it lose????

Here is actually the page I was considering.

Batman Cover

It is a Breyfogle cover and Breyfogle is my favorite recent Batman artist and I like this cover. The price is maybe slightly under what I have seen Brefogle covers going for but being mounted to the board concerns me ...

I could just wait for another brefogle to come to market. I am going to email the seller and get more details before making a final decision.