• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lone Star Comics (MyComicShop.com) is robbing me! Need advice!
2 2

223 posts in this topic

I have been a big fan of MyComicShop for as long as I've been on the boards, but their business model used to be very different in the past. Some dealers evolve and grow their businesses far from the original vision. Others simply expand in size and volume.  MCS has been ahead of the curve for at least ten years now.

The OP has not been here in 8 years !!  

And I'll just add while at it that my experiences with Mycomicshop have been superb and one of them involved a return.  A+ to Buddy and Conan

I've visited Lonestar's warehouse in person, and I've met a majority of the employees there. I've also done tens of thousands of dollars (no hyperbole intended) of business with them. I've never had a bad experience. Absolutely top notch. 

Edited by newshane

21 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Nothing but great experiences with MCS for me. 

I'm curious why this long-dead thread was resurrected.

I think whoever revived it thought it was interesting to see how MCS had evolved over the years.  They are certainly a much better dealer today than they were 10 years ago, and they were pretty good then...

23 hours ago, newshane said:

I've visited Lonestar's warehouse in person, and I've met a majority of the employees there. I've also done tens of thousands of dollars (no hyperbole intended) of business with them. I've never had a bad experience. Absolutely top notch. 

Always wanted to take a road trip down there. If I ever have a reason to go to Texas, I plan on stopping there. Love their website.

10 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Always wanted to take a road trip down there. If I ever have a reason to go to Texas, I plan on stopping there. Love their website.

Just keep in mind that it's a secured warehouse and not a storefront. They usually don't let people inside, but one guy told me he thought it would be a good idea to start offering tours. I shouldn't say a whole lot about it, really, but it was a cool experience and a very impressive building. 

39 minutes ago, newshane said:

Just keep in mind that it's a secured warehouse and not a storefront. They usually don't let people inside, but one guy told me he thought it would be a good idea to start offering tours. I shouldn't say a whole lot about it, really, but it was a cool experience and a very impressive building. 

Thanks for the heads up! Was wondering how they could fit all of that into one store. Is Lone Star the actual store?

23 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Thanks for the heads up! Was wondering how they could fit all of that into one store. Is Lone Star the actual store?

They are totally online. The warehouse is used to house their stock. 

Basically, just imagine a Costco full of row after row of longboxes, stacked to the ceiling. 

I got lucky enough to see it because I sold a massive collection to them and chose to personally deliver it to them. I was given a quick look around while I was there. I saw everything but "the vault". 

12 hours ago, newshane said:

They are totally online. The warehouse is used to house their stock. 

Basically, just imagine a Costco full of row after row of longboxes, stacked to the ceiling. 

I got lucky enough to see it because I sold a massive collection to them and chose to personally deliver it to them. I was given a quick look around while I was there. I saw everything but "the vault". 

(thumbsu Thanks!