• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lone Star Comics (MyComicShop.com) is robbing me! Need advice!
2 2

223 posts in this topic

It was about 4 yrs ago I stumbled upon MCS’s excellent website and made a rash decision to buy some comics for the first time in 15 years (Spectacular Spider-Man 1-5.) I’ve increased my collection in a big way since then and have had the best overall buying experiences with this company. 

I now plan to trust them with my first consignments after much research.

Did I mention how great the website is? It’s the Gold Standard.

I consigned some slabs to them last year. A few arrived with damage to the CGC cases and I was adamant that they couldn't have been damaged during shopping. I called and spoke to Este (consignment director) and she apologized that I wasn't notified about the damage. She said that Lone Star would recase the books on their dime due to the lack of communication. Months went by and the books still showed up as being reencapsulated. Again, I emailed Este that the books had been in their possession for 6 months and it doesn't take that long to get new slabs. She took a couple days to get back to me and stated that at this point, the books were probably lost. She offered to settle for slightly more than GPA for the books. 

First class customer service and I consign/sell/buy from them consistently....They run a great operation

Since I hate starting threads I'll just suggest someone else start a positive MCS one to offset this one :nyah:

I recently posted 2 books that would have been infinitely more difficult to purchase without MCS's patience and payment method flexibility. Can't say enough good things about these guys!!! Always fair pricing too.