• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elektra #3 "Nude Variant"

104 posts in this topic

The eBay description basicly says it all. The "nude edition" has Elektra without clothes. It is minor but was enough for the book to be reprinted and edited from the original version.

Somebody posted a scan back when it first came out, it's really lame...the artist on that issue is a sketchy-impressionist type penciler who doesn't draw the female figure with much curvy goodness. All you see is bare skin with anything of note strangely missing...I guess she gets bikini waxes before going out on missions! shocked.gif

Most of it was in shadow and "suggested nudity". You knew she was because there was no straps, etc.

The revised edition just added straps basically... no biggie.

Here's one panel... not the most revealing...

304212-Elektra3nude2.jpg

cant beleive people were makign a big deal over that

cant beleive peopel were makign a deal over that

The facing page is more up-close but not much better. You'll find a more corrupting influence doing a Google search on "nuns" than you will in this comic. blush.gif

I've just finished reading Born and I cant believe that flying intestines and rape are

OK while this isn't.

I have no problem with either but where is the consistency???

BTW thanks for the replys all.

Born was consistent with the Marvel Max line. Elektra isn't in the Max line.

Most of it was in shadow and "suggested nudity". You knew she was because there was no straps, etc.

The revised edition just added straps basically... no biggie.

Here's one panel... not the most revealing...

304212-Elektra3nude2.jpg

Is the way this was done similar to how that Hulk issue from the 70's witht he nude Betty pannel was done?

This price on this auction is ridiculous. I have 2 CGC 9.8's of this issue and I doubt I could get near that current bid amount (in AU or USD Currency) at any upcoming show.

sign-rantpost.gifJust to reiterate how terrible the Las Vegas show was, I saw a dealer across from me sell his 9.6 copy of this issue for $40.

So you can make your own conclusions there.

CGC graded comics appearing on eBay in Australia doesn't happen to often and when they do there stupidly priced.

An ASM 252 in 9.2 was listed a week ago in Oz for about $85 US. Not suprisingly there were no bids.

The Elektra in question is now over $100 US 893whatthe.gif

Might be a good time to make an offer to the underbidder.

Other than the actual interior page/panel differences, how can one distinguish between the 'rated G' version and the recalled 'nude' version? Are there any distinguishing cover markings or internal identifications? Can someone post the actual 'nude' interior panels? I ask because I have not seen it. I saw the comic in a store and couldn't tell which one it was, the nude one or the newly solicited version. Sorry if I am beating a dead horse....