• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Charlton Heston's gun collection

42 posts in this topic

Incredible. I knew the man liked his guns, but never to that extent. Bet the neighbors were scared...

I don't think I'd want to have a keg party in that room.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Incredible. I knew the man liked his guns, but never to that extent. Bet the neighbors were scared...

Actually, I bet they weren't.

I'd be feeling so safe if my neighbor had that setup...nobody would f with the neighborhood lol

Actually, I bet they weren't.

I'd be feeling so safe if my neighbor had that setup...nobody would f with the neighborhood lol

Good point - no-one'd try anything with that one man army around...

FAKE

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/gun-collection.shtml

Summary:

Email claims that attached photographs show an extensive gun collection that belonged to the late actor, Charlton Heston (Full commentary below).

Genuine photographs - description is inaccurate

Commentary:

According to this message, which circulates via email and has also been posted to a number of firearms related forums and blogs, the attached photographs show a massive gun collection stored in the basement of a house owned by the late actor Charlton Heston.

Although the photographs themselves are genuine, many commentators have pointed out that the gun collection actually belonged to the late Bruce Stern, rather than Charlton Heston. Mr Stern was a lifelong military and gun collector. An attorney and Vietnam veteran, he was involved in a number of military and firearms related organizations. He was a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) Board of Directors. Mr Stern passed away in July, 2007.

The Stern gun collection became famous among firearms enthusiasts. A portion of the extensive collection was auctioned off in March 2008 by James D. Julia Auctioneers. The auction, which included firearms from other collections as well as Stern's, raised a record-breaking $12.7 million. Photographs of items from the Stern collection are available on the Julia Auctions website. Another part of the Stern collection is set to be auctioned in October, 2008.

Although the gun collection featured in the photographs did not belong to Charlton Heston, the late actor was a passionate gun rights supporter and served as president and spokesman of the NRA from 1998 until 2003. He died in April 2008.

Misidentification of ownership aside, these photographs certainly reveal a truly remarkable collection.

FAKE

Summary:

Email claims that attached photographs show an extensive gun collection that belonged to the late actor, Charlton Heston (Full commentary below).

Commentary:

According to this message, which circulates via email and has also been posted to a number of firearms related forums and blogs, the attached photographs show a massive gun collection stored in the basement of a house owned by the late actor Charlton Heston.

Although the photographs themselves are genuine, many commentators have pointed out that the gun collection actually belonged to the late Bruce Stern, rather than Charlton Heston. Mr Stern was a lifelong military and gun collector. An attorney and Vietnam veteran, he was involved in a number of military and firearms related organizations. He was a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) Board of Directors. Mr Stern passed away in July, 2007.

The Stern gun collection became famous among firearms enthusiasts. A portion of the extensive collection was auctioned off in March 2008 by James D. Julia Auctioneers. The auction, which included firearms from other collections as well as Stern's, raised a record-breaking $12.7 million. Photographs of items from the Stern collection are available on the Julia Auctions website. Another part of the Stern collection is set to be auctioned in October, 2008.

Although the gun collection featured in the photographs did not belong to Charlton Heston, the late actor was a passionate gun rights supporter and served as president and spokesman of the NRA from 1998 until 2003. He died in April 2008.

Misidentification of ownership aside, these photographs certainly reveal a truly remarkable collection.

Thats cool.

Check out the flame thrower on the wall.

FAKE

Summary:

Commentary:

I am not a supporter of gun ownership outside of hunting but a collection that vast must have an aesthetic and historical aspect to it that transcends the political aspects of gun ownership.