• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Charlton Heston's gun collection

42 posts in this topic

Dayum....that beats the heck out of my firearm collection any day lol

But I'm just getting started (thumbs u I really don't have pictures of my Antiques but here is some of my moderns. These are all Semi auto and I don't currently own any Class III weapons ATM.

My small Ak collection (top Milled Aresnal, middle, Yugo AB2, Bottom WASR10)

DSC00770.jpg

Bushmaster W/floater and Eotec

ar5.jpg

DPMS ( I don't have a picture of any of my DMPS rifles but this is close to one I use a lot)

sweet16.gif

M99 Barrett ( 50 BMG a.k.a 50cal)

DSC00740.jpg

Just started my H&K collection ( left is an H&K 94 clone-semiauto version of the famous MP5, right is a GSG-5-.22cal version of the famous MP5)

DSC00810.jpg

Here is my GSG all dressed up lol

DSC00809.jpg

This is my next H&K clone when it hits the states in October. It's just a .22cal but I will pick up a clone in 9mm as well. I'm actually thinking of starting a stamp collecting and mounting some stocks on both pistols...don't EVEN try it without a tax stamp from the BATF!

GSG5PK1.jpg

Here is a coupple of firearms I'm thinking about this weekend.

This one was made in 1827 and converted to a short form using 1816 parts for the Republic of Texas. As a native Texan, I find this to be awsome!

smf018.jpg

This is a Colt Sherift (Lightening)...people like Billy the Kid used this firearm. It was made around 1871-1874.

hg439.jpg

NICE....The last time I checked those antiques aren't cheap....but they're not as high priced as one might think.HUGE collector base for this stuff.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am not a supporter of gun ownership outside of hunting but a collection that vast must have an aesthetic and historical aspect to it that transcends the political aspects of gun ownership.

What??

Political aspects of gun ownership?

Check out the recent Heller vs. DC Supreme Court decision

My man room is on its way to looking like that even with no vault door. I have plenty of friends with many of those weapons.

In my neighborhood I generally am known as the guy that always has a gun.

I am not a supporter of gun ownership outside of hunting but a collection that vast must have an aesthetic and historical aspect to it that transcends the political aspects of gun ownership.

What??

Political aspects of gun ownership?

Check out the recent Heller vs. DC Supreme Court decision

My man room is on its way to looking like that even with no vault door. I have plenty of friends with many of those weapons.

In my neighborhood I generally am known as the guy that always has a gun.

Well I'm not really going to debate my Constitutional rights with anyone. But I will say people are fooling them selves if they think the government will stop at Hunting firearms. Just read what some of our founding fathers had to say about the subject anyhow. It was the fact that everyone was armed 200yrs ago that we have this country today. It's because of that same very well know fact that Japan didn't dirrectly attack the interrior of the US.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.

George Washington.

‘‘I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.’’

‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

But I'm just getting started (thumbs u I really don't have pictures of my Antiques but here is some of my moderns. These are all Semi auto and I don't currently own any Class III weapons ATM.

DSC00770.jpg

ar5.jpg

DPMS ( I don't have a picture of any of my DMPS rifles but this is close to one I use a lot)

sweet16.gif

DSC00740.jpg

Just started my H&K collection ( left is an H&K 94 clone-semiauto version of the famous MP5, right is a GSG-5-.22cal version of the famous MP5)

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

This is my next H&K clone when it hits the states in October. It's just a .22cal but I will pick up a clone in 9mm as well. I'm actually thinking of starting a stamp collecting and mounting some stocks on both pistols...don't EVEN try it without a tax stamp from the BATF!

GSG5PK1.jpg

This one was made in 1827 and converted to a short form using 1816 parts for the Republic of Texas. As a native Texan, I find this to be awsome!

smf018.jpg

This is a Colt Sherift (Lightening)...people like Billy the Kid used this firearm. It was made around 1871-1874.

hg439.jpg

Note to self, don't ever tick WiseGuyX off! :eek:

DSC00770.jpg

ar5.jpg

sweet16.gif

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

GSG5PK1.jpg

smf018.jpg

hg439.jpg

:takeit:

"Check out the recent Heller vs. DC Supreme Court decision"

"Well I'm not really going to debate my Constitutional rights with anyone. But I will say people are fooling them selves if they think the government will stop at Hunting firearms."

The issue has been settled. Absent Scallia choking to death on a sausage or something and Obama picking as his replacement an uber liberal judge (or Roberts' head exploding, or Thomas simply dropping dead....), your ability to own a hunting rifle and/or handgun for your home isn't going to get particularly restricted any time soon unless you're a felon or nuts.

And, basically, the decision's impact is likely restricted to maybe 12-15 million or so people, namely those who live in D.C. and, likely in the near future, NYC and Chicago residents (both cities have pretty restrictive policies too). Maybe a few towns/small cities elsewhere too. It's pretty easy to buy a gun in most if not all of NY outside of NYC (well, a rifle, shotgun or converted assault rifle, last I looked, a handgun requires some paperwork), for example. All I had to do was show my driver's license.

The decision doesn't deal with concealed weapons, assault rifles or anything along those lines as far as I can tell. It is easy for 5 supreme court justices to say you can own a gun to defend your home, the vast majority of americans believe that, even many who are in favor of serious regulation of gun ownership when it comes to what you do outside the home or ownership of military grade weapons like I've seen some boardies post here. The support for concealed weapons and assault weapons is not nearly as broad.

your ability to own a hunting rifle and/or handgun for your home isn't going to get particularly restricted any time soon unless you're a felon or nuts.

The support for concealed weapons and assault weapons is not nearly as broad.

You may want to reread the DC Vs Heller case. It's not about classification of any kind. It stated we the people have the right to keep and bear arms. This is in no ways states hunting rifles and hand guns. It states arms in a VERY broad term. The ban of assault weapons is as worthless as the DC gun ban. There wasn't any noticable defference in crime before or during the last AWB. The FBI even released a statement during that AWB saying the number one and two used firearms envloved in crime was a revolver and shotgun. The AWB drove the cost of AWs through the roof and to a point where no one could aford to buy one for their collection let alone to knock off some convenice store. Also, we already have the National Firearms ACT of 1938, the 1986 Machine Gun laws and the 9rr compliance parts. Any atemps to violate these laws will bring down the full wrath of the BATF...remember Waco and Ruby Ridge? The Assault firearms you see like above in my collection are merrly knock offs. There hasn't been a real AK 47 imported into the country since 1986 and meets the 9rr complaince parts list. The only legal machine guns in this country was imported before 1986. You have to be perfect and have 10,000.00 -100,000.00 to aford one along with a perfect family back ground...not just you. There hasn't been a LIC MG used in a crime.

Also, If you're going to ban assault rifles you need to ban hunting rifles as well! All you hear about is how an AK47 can penitrait body armour or put holes through car doors. First of all, just about every hand gun on the market could put a hole all the way through a car door. Second, the AK uses a .30cal bullet just like some of your more popular hunting rifles like a .30.30, 30.06 and .308 which is more than able to do the same thing to car doors or body armour. Now the AR15 on the other hand uses a small .22cal bullet...yes, just like your .22 varment rifle setting next to the door. In fact the .223 was designed for varment hunitng and notr for the military. So just about every popular hunitng rifle buy your local Wal Mart is more powerful than an AR15 or even the M4 currently being used by our troops in Iraq.

your ability to own a hunting rifle and/or handgun for your home isn't going to get particularly restricted any time soon unless you're a felon or nuts.

You may want to reread the DC Vs Heller case. It's not about classification of any kind. It stated we the people have the right to keep and bear arms. This is in no ways states hunting rifles and hand guns. It states arms in a VERY broad term. The ban of assault weapons is as worthless as the DC gun ban. There wasn't any noticable defference in crime before or during the last AWB. The FBI even released a statement during that AWB saying the number one and two used firearms envloved in crime was a revolver and shotgun. The AWB drove the cost of AWs through the roof and to a point where no one could aford to buy one for their collection let alone to knock off some convenice store. Also, we already have the National Firearms ACT of 1938, the 1986 Machine Gun laws and the 9rr compliance parts. Any atemps to violate these laws will bring down the full wrath of the BATF...remember Waco and Ruby Ridge? The Assault firearms you see like above in my collection are merrly knock offs. There hasn't been a real AK 47 imported into the country since 1986 and meets the 9rr complaince parts list. The only legal machine guns in this country was imported before 1986. You have to be perfect and have 10,000.00 -100,000.00 to aford one along with a perfect family back ground...not just you. There hasn't been a LIC MG used in a crime.

Also, If you're going to ban assault rifles you need to ban hunting rifles as well! All you hear about is how an AK47 can penitrait body armour or put holes through car doors. First of all, just about every hand gun on the market could put a hole all the way through a car door. Second, the AK uses a .30cal bullet just like some of your more popular hunting rifles like a .30.30, 30.06 and .308 which is more than able to do the same thing to car doors or body armour. Now the AR15 on the other hand uses a small .22cal bullet...yes, just like your .22 varment rifle setting next to the door. In fact the .223 was designed for varment hunitng and notr for the military. So just about every popular hunitng rifle buy your local Wal Mart is more powerful than an AR15 or even the M4 currently being used by our troops in Iraq.

I personally have no problem with people owning assault rifles - as long as owning the ammunition for said rifles is illegal (thumbs u

One of my dad's patients is a SWAT officer. One day he was talking about how devastating an AK round is and how there is no legitimate use to have ammunition that deadly on the market. My dad looked at him kind of strange (he is a SWAT officer for crying out loud), went into his closet and pulled out two rifle rounds (yes, he has ammunition in his closet at his office -- it's Texas for crying out loud). One was a 7.62x39 (that's an AK round for those of you who don't know) and one was a 30-06 round (which is about twice as long as an AK round). He asked the cop which one was the AK round to which the cop immediately misidentified the 30-06 round as the cop killing menace AK round. My dad reached back into the closet and handed the cop the Remington 30-06 box and said, "Someone needs to go back and get some weapons education."

the heller decision does make some sort of reference to "very dangerous" weapons or something along those lines. if you read it as covering any type of "arms", including stinger missiles or whatever else is out there, then go ahead. the ATF will probably disagree. the case dealt with a handgun ban that went too far. assuming scallia and company will find the same way when it comes to an assault weapon ban is a big assumption. my understanding is that the court made it clear that they were addressing a very specific issue. sure, some courts in some parts of the country will decide it covers assault rifles and I'm pretty sure others will go the other way and the issue will be before the supreme court in a couple of years again.

not that i really disagree entirely about the dangers of these weapons not being terribly different. my shotgun holds 8 very dangerous rounds that could cause a lot of death and mayhem if i happened to lose my mind in a crowded place. that's a sad fact. i still think an AK 47 probably has more carnage potential. yes, i know, the calibres of these weapons don't differ from what you can buy at a store easily.

on the other hand, machine guns versus regular old rifles sure made a pretty big difference in vietnam, korea, WW II...clearly one presents a vast advantage over the other.

I personally have no problem with people owning assault rifles - as long as owning the ammunition for said rifles is illegal (thumbs u

you must live in California

I love people that comment on the assault weapons laws. Read a little... Because a gun is black doesn't make it any more deadlier. A 30-06 hunting rifle is much more "deadly" than a .223 from an AR-15. These laws get passed because people don't read up on what these laws do, they just like the sound of the title and voila, you get the patriot act!

That's an impressive Barrett 50 in the previous pic.

In a related story: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/01/burglary.shooting.ap/index.html?iref=newssearch

While, I'm all for protecting your property, this is a bit much when your neighbor shoots the burglars in the back as they are leaving and gets off Scott free.

The most powerful handgun I've ever fired was a .454 Casull, wow what a blast...

Can't imagine what the new S&W .500 Magnum is like to shoot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.500_S%26W_Magnum

That collection pictured would be difficult to own in the Netherlands, where you're required to fire each of your guns at least 18 times a year to keep your gun permit. You'd be shooting all day long everyday...

And a chance to post this pic. again...

1-1.jpg

I love people that comment on the assault weapons laws...

The media is the worst. These numbskulls never know the difference between semi-automatic and automatic. They always report as if SEMIautomatic weapons are FULLY automatic...that is, every semiauto pistol/rifle is a machine gun.