• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

I believe most airlines have a 330 or 331 day policy. You can always call the hotel and see what they have as a reservation timeline.

where did you stay at and how was it (as far as comfort/pricey)?

hm

Courtyard by Mariott. Was a nice room. Timmy and I only went to the room to sleep. Some of the other forumites rented a suite and hung out till all hours of the night.

Next year i might try and stay closer, but I'll see. I'd rather stay where everyone else is.

Dinner at Venus is a MUST next year. Holy *spoon* was it good. In retrospect I will fly out earlier in the day next year. The late flight this time around almost killed me.

let me know if you def going wally. Ill tag along with you since were close.

would you be in for a roadtrip?

Dudeman5000 (Chris) and I were talking about one over lunch at the the Heroes Con

for the next Chicago.

It's 14 hours from my house in Durham.

LMK because I have room for three total.

hm

Just so everyone is aware, they are moving Wizard World Chicago to August next year. There was a sign at the entrance announcing next year's show. Sorry I don't recall the exact dates, but I know that it was in August.

good grief, why in the world are they moving it to the dawg days???

:P

Just so everyone is aware, they are moving Wizard World Chicago to August next year. There was a sign at the entrance announcing next year's show. Sorry I don't recall the exact dates, but I know that it was in August.

6th thru the 9th I think

6th thru the 9th I think

So you have to wait like 60-90 days to book a flight.

6th thru the 9th I think

So you have to wait like 60-90 days to book a flight.

Who needs a stinkin' airplane? :sumo:

I believe most airlines have a 330 or 331 day policy. You can always call the hotel and see what they have as a reservation timeline.

where did you stay at and how was it (as far as comfort/pricey)?

hm

Courtyard by Mariott. Was a nice room. Timmy and I only went to the room to sleep. Some of the other forumites rented a suite and hung out till all hours of the night.

Next year i might try and stay closer, but I'll see. I'd rather stay where everyone else is.

Dinner at Venus is a MUST next year. Holy *spoon* was it good. In retrospect I will fly out earlier in the day next year. The late flight this time around almost killed me.

nik and I have decided that the Hyatt is best for next year. Screw the shuttle

Show is August 6-9, which is when it usually is - this year was the earliest Chicago has ever been. Earliest you can make a plane reservation for August 6, 2009 is September 8, 2008.

Tried to tell you suckers beforehand. I had never been and knew it would work better.

Tried to tell you suckers beforehand. I had never been and knew it would work better.
FU, non-beer buyer for greggy troll

Show is August 6-9, which is when it usually is - this year was the earliest Chicago has ever been. Earliest you can make a plane reservation for August 6, 2009 is September 8, 2008.

This year appeared to be another SCR*W Shelton Drum event and Philly is against Heroes next year.

I wish these guys would just leave it alone. Get over it already!!

FU, non-beer buyer for greggy troll
You and I didn't talk enough for me to know what you were drinking. I feel like I bought booze for everybody else at the con at one time or another. Stay at the Hyatt next year and I promise to buy you one.

This year appeared to be another SCR*W Shelton Drum event and Philly is against Heroes next year.

me too, Wizard must like getting beat up.

Heroes was packed this year the day that I went.

:P