• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

Anyone for pancakes Thursday morning, let's say 9:30 AM? :shrug:

There's a place close by on Higgins Ave called "Pancakes Eggcetera".

Andy

I'll be going to workout around that time, otherwise I'd join you, Andy

Anyone for pancakes Thursday morning, let's say 9:30 AM? :shrug:

There's a place close by on Higgins Ave called "Pancakes Eggcetera".

Andy

I'll be going to workout around that time, otherwise I'd join you, Andy

Table for 1, please. :preach:

Looks like Mike Allred is going to be there after all:

Okay, I've never seen anyone work so hard to make us feel wanted and work some small miracles in the process. Hard back slaps for Peter Katz and Co.

But now, all is right with the (Wizard) World and we're good to go. We'll get to Chi-town in time to put in a full day Saturday and Sunday.

But, please know, I'm admittedly a gigantic jerk in person (ask anyone). I have a horrible contagious skin disease, and I often explode in unprovoked violent rages.

Some rules:

Don't make eye contact with me, submit your questions in writing, address me as Sir Master Michael, and keep a distance of at least 20 feet at all times (remember, violent rages). And NO SKETCHES (no exceptions, cute little kids!)!

Seriously, I don't do sketches, but I don't charge for signatures. You can bring a ten foot stack of everything I've done and I'm happy to sign it all.

We won't have any prints or t-shirts with us I'm afraid. That's Han's thing, but you can get anything and everything from him at strangecandyink.com

We'll bring at least a couple books of original art (including SOLO and MADMAN pages) so BRING CASH if that's your thang. I may even roll up and bring some gigantic WEDNESDAY COMICS originals, so ask if interested since I doubt we'll have room to display them (HUGE!).

Whodahthought?

Good times!

Pancakes were good. :) Waiting for a friend and then it's the show! (thumbs u

See you all soon!

Today, I'm wearing a black shirt and a red ball cap with a Chinese character on it.

Friday, I'll have my black Nik's grading contest-War Dork #1 t-shirt on.

Be sure to say hi to me. :hi:

Andy

See you all soon!

Today, I'm wearing a black shirt and a red ball cap with a Chinese character on it.

Andy

Looked for you all day today and never saw you :cry:

See you all soon!

Andy

A couple of people were. Brad (klozd24seven) was looking for you at one point, Andy

See you all soon!

Andy

That's too bad. I was really looking forward to meeting you. Heard you and Shark were running around looking for me, but I had no clue what you guys looked like. :cry:

I did meet, and hang out with, Brad (klozed24seven) or however it's spelled. Great guy! (thumbs u

It would have been nice to hang around for Saturday as well, but I had to fly back late Friday afternoon.

Great time at the show. :applause:

Andy

Turns out buying tickets online is actually the way to go, even with the $5 convenience fee scam. When I purchased at the door, I was STILL forced to pay a $5 per ticket "service" fee. What service did they provide? None. Why don't they just say the tickets are $35 at the door and quit jerking people around? I had a dealer pass I bought from a friend, but for my family it was 3 Saturday tickets for $105 at the door. Online it would have been $90. Scam artist marketing is a peeve of mine. I'm sure others don't appreciate it either. Oh well.