• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - so who is currently selling on eBay???

55 posts in this topic

I was wondering with all the changes, do you have any tips

to someone who has been out of the selling loop?

I need to flip about 300-400 items (mostly carded Star Wars figures)

and I would like to sell them without getting screwed.

Also is there a current "blocked bidder" list that I need to enforce?

any help would be awesome.

the nerf.

I currently have 25 slabbed books for sale on eBay. Even though it costs a bit extra, I send everything with a tracking number so there is no BS.

you can get a tracking number for free if you pay for postage online,

or atleast you used to...

hm

I haven't sold on ebay in a very long time but, with that many similar items, I would start them under $10 each with no reserve. I would mention in your description of each auction, that you have a huge selection listed, and to please view my other auctions.

Good luck!

the nerf.

Frankly,

If they are vintage figures or uncommon to rare modern figures you should save yourself the trouble and check out Brian's Toys website. www.brianstoys.com

His buying prices are rather good (or they were when I sold mine).

They were so good that when I was selling my vintage carded boxed collection a couple years ago (worried about yellowing bubbles, storage issues, lack of interest in keeping the stuff) their buy prices were actually better than what I would have gotten on Ebay selling them individually. And I did not have to go thru the trouble of listing and photographing each one individually and selling them off one at a time.

The buy prices were so good that I actually loaded a van to the top with items and drove them from Chicago to the Wisconsin/MInnesota border to drop the pieces off in person.

Brian is a good guy to deal with too,

Best,

Chris

Didn't do so well on my weekend CGC eBay sales.

Low end of GPA for almost all of them.

:(

eBay is becoming a wasteland.

Try something/anything else first.

My advice would be to avoid the auction format for most items. Open a store and list them at a fixed price with best offer on. Run some auction listings to drive people to the store.

The worst thnig you can do is list everything at $0.99 and no reserve in the auction format, unless you have very actively traded items.

Nerfy-baby!

If you have the time, and the action figs are in great shape...get them graded!

www.toygrader.com

Your timing's a bit off for Star Wars merch, but just like comics, the right grade will be well worth it.

Or just unload them on to me. I'll do the heavy lifting.

As far as selling, I'd list a couple on ebay with an over-the-top price & Best Offer option. You should get a ton of responses.

Voila, instant mailing list with potential buyers that you can deal with outside of "bend over-bay."

Rick

Didn't do so well on my weekend CGC eBay sales.

Low end of GPA for almost all of them.

:(

eBay is becoming a wasteland.

Try something/anything else first.

First weekend with kids out of school so probably not the best time to list items because most people would be out of town or on holidays.

Another thing you can do with SW figures is take them out of their packaging (gasp!) and sell them as loose figures. A lot of bidders like this because they can get more figures and pay less shipping. I've seen higher prices for loose figures than carded figures. Check the completed auctions to gauge whether what you have sells better loose or carded.

Brians Toys is a great way to go too. Good luck Nerf! (thumbs u

My advice would be to avoid the auction format for most items. Open a store and list them at a fixed price with best offer on. Run some auction listings to drive people to the store.

The worst thnig you can do is list everything at $0.99 and no reserve in the auction format, unless you have very actively traded items.

That's my advice as well. I just listed some items for the first time in about a year and a half to capitalize on the 10% off coupon Ebay gave to sellers, and I did well utilizing buy it now/ best offer format. All sales were over GPA.

The other factor that may help sales is to accept foreign orders. The dollar is so weak right now, comics look cheap to foreign investors. All my books sold to overseas buyers.

the nerf.

The good news: An ebay store is cheap to operate. $15 per month. Items under $200 cost 3 to 5 cent each to list fixed price for 30 days. Gallery pictures are free now. So for $20 a month you can have a store with 100+ items.

The bad news: Final value fee and paypal fee combined average about 10%. If the large majority of the items you are selling are less than $100 the combined fees will probably average closer to 15%.