• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents fans around?

5 posts in this topic

I somehow missed the first run of Thunder Agents,and only discovered them with the mid-80s Dave Singer run.Slowly I'm putting together an original run.Even though the series only ran 21 issues,and the last few were reprints,this has to be regarded as one of the classics of the SA.

So who is a fan?Who has the good stuff?

I really like the Tower books, THUNDER Agents, No Man & Dynamo. I'm not a slab chaser, nor a ultra-high grade freak, but I've toyed with the idea of collecting these in CGC 9.4.

The writing is a bit quirky,with many of the jokes so dated that most of todays audience doesn't even realize they are jokes.But the roster of artists-Wally Wood,Reed Crandall,Gil Kane and so on more than make up for it.

I really enjoyed the 80s series that featured art by George Perez,Keith Giffen,Jerry Orway and more.

I also liked the way the books were written as ten page stand alone stories,yet each story advanced the overall plot a bit.