• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale Marvel 35 cent variant collection

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

For those of you who have not been keeping track of the thread in the Bronze forum, this is my collection. Bought off the rack brand new, read once or twice then stored away until now. I'm in the process of posting scans of all of these in that thread, so I want be repeating them here.

I've already got a potential bidder who wishes to remain anonymous along with his bid. So, the best I can tell you is $8,000 is way to low. These are all raw copies. And I will not be considering bids on single issues less than $150, it's just not worth it to break up the set for anything less.

I want even pretend to offer a grade on any of these. Check out my scans and judge for yourself. grin.gif

This is also my 1st attempt to sale anything here. So, if I've overstepped any written or unwritten rules or whatever, please feel free to PM me, I'll either edit or if neccessary delete this post.

Thanks and happy bidding,

Greg West aka DaethWalker

Amazing Spiderman - 169,170,173

Avengers - 161,162,164

Black Panther - 4(*),5

Captain America - 211-214

Captain Marvel - 52

Champions - 14

Conan - 75-79

Defenders - 48,49,52

Doctor Strange - 25(*)

Eternals - 12-14,16(*)

Fantastic Four - 184,187

Ghost Rider - 24(*),25,26

Godzilla - 2,3

Howard the Duck - 13,14(*),15(*),16,17(*)

Human Fly - 1,2

Inhumans - 11(*),12(*)

Invaders - 18,21

Iron Fist - 15

Iron Man - 99(*),100,102,103

John Carter, Warlord of Mars - 1-5

Logan's Run - 6,7

Marvel Premiere - 36,38

Marvel's Greatest Comics - 71(*),72(*),73

Marvel Super Action - 3(*)

Marvel Tales - 80

Marvel Team-Up 58-62

Marvel Triple Action - 37(*)

Marvel Two-In-One 28,31

Master of Kung-Fu - 57

Ms. Marvel - 6-10

Nova - 11-14

Omega the Unknown - 9,10

Red Sonja - 5

Super-Villain Team-Up - 14

Thor - 260-263

Tomb of Dracula - 57,58,60

X-Men 107

-------------------------------

(*) - notes titles not varified by scan at: http://users.erols.com/pmerolle/35variantlist

I certainly will NOT make an offer,but I think all the variant collectors will be very interested in seeing how this all turns out. This is by far the largest 35 cent lot I've ever seen for sale, although there are collectors out these that have many more books.

The main reason it's so interesting is that variants are an unproven investment. By this I mean they are not universally recongnized as a highly valued collectable. Let the rest of us know what you finally sell them for, even if the bidder remains anonymous.

I will if I can. But, if they also wish me to remain silent on the final price, then I'll respect their wish. I mean, I'll certainly post a few cheers and yahoos.

But, I have other comics that may of be of interest and wouldn't want to jepordize future sales over posting final prices. smile.gif

Of course, the actual winner might easily post these later. Probably after having them slabbed. wink.gif

news.gifThis auction is closed. news.gif

I've been able to make a deal that satisfies both me and the buyer. All that's left, is the exchange of money for comics, which we will hopefully work out in the next day or so.

As of now that's all the info I can give you, other than to say that both of us are very happy. grin.gif

If for some reason the deal falls through, I'll either repost this same auction, or maybe post them individually.

DW