• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Who has a copy and in what grade?

When did you buy it?

Any interesting stories to share concerning the purchase or trade?

What do you store it in?

Pictures welcome.

This thread is inspired from the Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread. I thought I read somewhere that there were an estimate of about 2000 copies out there, but seems like there are more than that.

I got my copy in 1993, knowing at the time I would never again have the capitol to buy a copy (how true that realization became). My copy is a VG -. I keep it stored in a Silver Age Fortress. I have thought about getting it graded, but am reluctant sending it through the mail.

Well I just recently joined the AF15 club a few days ago. I bought probaly one of the lowest AF15s on record but I'm happy I was able to pick up a cop :cloud9:.

The book is slabed an will either be placed in my CGC box or above my shop/office desk once it gets home.

AF15.jpg

Well I just recently joined the AF15 club a few days ago. I bought probaly one of the lowest AF15s on record but I'm happy I was able to pick up a cop :cloud9:.

The book is slabed an will either be placed in my CGC box or above my shop/office desk once it gets home.

AF15.jpg

A nice well-loved copy. Your's is the copy that inspired this thread.

All right.

I guess it's time for me to break out my copy and scan/post a pic.

Several board members who were at my house last Sept. for the Baltimore Comicon forum dinner saw my AF 15...I even let 'em hold it and turn the pages :cloud9:

I bought mine about two months ago, but I've only had it in my hands for 12 days now as I had it hand delivered in Chicago.

MyAF15.jpg

It's a lowly PLOD but I am very happy with it and look to keep it for the long haul or at least until the White Mountain shows up for sale again :) . As excited as I am to finally own my own copy, I think I'm just as excited in the fact that I never have to do an Ebay or ComicLink search for one ever again. Woohoo. This was also the book that completed my mini run of the "Big 3" from Marvel. When I was a teen I couldn't have imagined that I'd own one, never mind all three (ASM #1, FF #1, and AF#15). It's amazing how perspective changes as we grow older. :)

Jim

The piece out of the cover is a bummer, but it's a solid copy otherwise. I keep it in a Mylite2 with an acid free board, inside a 4mil Mylar. This one and ASM #2 and #3 were the last I needed to fill in the back issues. I felt as if I had conquered the world when I got them.

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

The piece out of the cover is a bummer, but it's a solid copy otherwise. I keep it in a Mylite2 with an acid free board, inside a 4mil Mylar. This one and ASM #2 and #3 were the last I needed to fill in the back issues. I felt as if I had conquered the world when I got them.

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

Boy, that presents very nice. No Marvel chipping. Sweet copy. Congrats! Do you now have #1-560whatever?

Boy, that presents very nice. No Marvel chipping. Sweet copy. Congrats! Do you now have #1-560whatever?

I'm sorry to say I haven't kept current on Spider-Man for quite awhile. I bought Spideys every month but then bailed out after the clone storyline (#400-something?). I guess the SA and BA books still resonate with me the most.

I guess I belong in the club with my copy that I picked up with a large collection.

No plan on selling it right now, but every now and then the thought crosses my mind, and I quickly erase it.

It screams Silver Age here I come.

Always happy to share it. :acclaim:

61625-AF151.5.JPG.231962dde17b3a269e0ca5052f7cefd9.JPG

61626-AF15back.JPG.fa8ffb249eda699f9bc56be74bd8092a.JPG

Ok, I few fun facts from the CGC census for Amazing Fantasy # 15.

Total Graded US copies: 1051

Total Percent of those that are Restored: 33%

Best Graded Copy: one in 9.6

and at the low end: fifteen copies in .5

There are also 12 UK copies. Anyone got one of these to post?

Well, ladies and gentlemen, those tempted to part with your low grade copies, here's some more encouraging news: last night on ebay a CGC 2.5 (CRM/OW) sold for...

$3.951.01

:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

I saw that auction as well, although I'm not sure what to make of it, the bidder who won (fishyscent) only has 5 other items they have bid on, and none of those were comic books, plus at the bottom it looks like one bidder wished to withdrawl his bid amount, maybe he felt like he was being shilled up, something seems a little "fishy" to me. but I could be wrong as well.

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

I bought this in 1977, by the way.