• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

$11,352.50 with juice.

doh! when will the madness end.I better get my copy soon before they're out of reach.

Bill, since calling it a day on my AF 15, I've landed a happy handful of keys. In truth, there is something really freeing about not hunting for this book anymore. So, if it doesn't happen, trust me: there is life after AF 15.

$11,352.50 with juice.

doh! when will the madness end.I better get my copy soon before they're out of reach.

Bill, since calling it a day on my AF 15, I've landed a happy handful of keys. In truth, there is something really freeing about not hunting for this book anymore. So, if it doesn't happen, trust me: there is life after AF 15.

Yeah I hear ya Mac.But then again there's something about owning a AF#15 :cloud9:

Here is my copy.Interesting story behind it too. A guy came in with 2 books one day,the AF 15 and a Hulk 1.His uncle had a very nice collection we had sold here and on ebay including a FF1 6.0,ASM 1 6.5,JIM 83,and a TOS 39 for starters.

Well the guys uncle was not very flexible on his prices, He had inherited the books,and was looking to rebuild his home after Katrina, but we didnt even know this other guy,or what he wanted for them.The books sat in the shop for about 3 weeks untouched,we werent very worried because we figured he wanted top dollar for them anyway,and didnt have that kind of scratch just laying around.I asked Dave (the shop owner) one day if he had ever gotten prices on the books,he said no and handed me his # ,and said "knock yourself out.

I asked the guy wat he wanted for the books and he said 400 bucks.As anyone can guess I told him to come and pick up the check whenever he had time.

2428652140098273705Pbczuo_fs.jpg

$11,352.50 with juice.

:eek:

I'm sure glad I picked up my 6.0 when I did! It'd be out of my price range now...

Even though that book was a 5.0, I wonder if we might see it down the road in a purple suit as a 9.0 or better. It looked to be structurely sound.

Here is my copy.Interesting story behind it too. A guy came in with 2 books one day,the AF 15 and a Hulk 1.His uncle had a very nice collection we had sold here and on ebay including a FF1 6.0,ASM 1 6.5,JIM 83,and a TOS 39 for starters.

Well the guys uncle was not very flexible on his prices, He had inherited the books,and was looking to rebuild his home after Katrina, but we didnt even know this other guy,or what he wanted for them.The books sat in the shop for about 3 weeks untouched,we werent very worried because we figured he wanted top dollar for them anyway,and didnt have that kind of scratch just laying around.I asked Dave (the shop owner) one day if he had ever gotten prices on the books,he said no and handed me his # ,and said "knock yourself out.

I asked the guy wat he wanted for the books and he said 400 bucks.As anyone can guess I told him to come and pick up the check whenever he had time.

You got that for $400. That's awesome (I'm jealous).

:applause: Wow, what a story!

:applause: Wow, what a story!

no no no,I got that AND this for 400.00

2154253330098273705kyHjNu_fs.jpg

Mac Man, have you really given up your quest for an AF 15? When did that happen? What were the reasons?

Mac Man, have you really given up your quest for an AF 15? When did that happen? What were the reasons?

As I've mentioned to others, if the right opportunity arises then there's a very good possibility I'll move on it. However, trying to find a copy of this book in the grade I want for the price I want is tiring. For me to troubleshoot how to find a few hundred dollars now and then isn't too difficult, but troubleshooting over a thousand... that's another tiring task. I want the "hunt" to be fun and it's gotten to be somewhat frustrating. Best thing to do at this point is to step away and take a break.

And hey, I'm not complaining--far from it! This summer I've been able to get copies of Tales of Suspense 39, Daredevil 1, Avengers 1 & 4, X-Men 94, GS XM 1, IH 181, Conan 1, among others. It's been a good summer for collecting being able to snag plenty of other books I've always wanted to own. Am I disappointed about not getting a copy? Sure I am, but I'm making plenty of headway elsewhere. And as I said, if the right opportunity presents itself to me, then who knows? But for now, I'm taking a looooong break from it.

As I've mentioned to others, if the right opportunity arises then there's a very good possibility I'll move on it. However, trying to find a copy of this book in the grade I want for the price I want is tiring. For me to troubleshoot how to find a few hundred dollars now and then isn't too difficult, but troubleshooting over a thousand... that's another tiring task. I want the "hunt" to be fun and it's gotten to be somewhat frustrating. Best thing to do at this point is to step away and take a break.

And hey, I'm not complaining--far from it! This summer I've been able to get copies of Tales of Suspense 39, Daredevil 1, Avengers 1 & 4, X-Men 94, GS XM 1, IH 181, Conan 1, among others. It's been a good summer for collecting being able to snag plenty of other books I've always wanted to own. Am I disappointed about not getting a copy? Sure I am, but I'm making plenty of headway elsewhere. And as I said, if the right opportunity presents itself to me, then who knows? But for now, I'm taking a looooong break from it.

Are you -ing kidding me...you don't count sheep falling asleep, you count little flying AF15s flying over the fence...this book and your DNA are ingrained...you can (frustratingly) state you're off the search, but we all know better... :devil:

Tom, I'm a little put off by your post.

AF 15s don't fly, they swing. doh! I'd think an ASM collector like you would know better. Another newb mistake like that and I'll start calling you a Superman fan. :baiting:

I stand corrected...

Are you *spoon*-ing kidding me...you don't count sheep falling asleep, you count little flying AF15s swinging over the fence...this book and your DNA are ingrained...you can (frustratingly) state you're off the search, but we all know better...

AF 15s don't fly, they swing. doh! I'd think an ASM collector like you would know better. Another newb mistake like that and I'll start calling you a Superman fan. :baiting:

I stand corrected...

Are you *spoon*-ing kidding me...you don't count sheep falling asleep, you count little flying AF15s swinging over the fence...this book and your DNA are ingrained...you can (frustratingly) state you're off the search, but we all know better...

(thumbs u

Still with the flying--must love Superman...

:devil:

I stand corrected...

(thumbs u

He is obviously referring to the Cosmic Spider-Man storyline, in which Spider-Man could fly. :baiting:

I stand corrected...

(thumbs u

Are you suggesting I have latent Superman tendencies??? :o

Now I am truly insulted! :sumo: