• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

restored or not, holding that book would make the heart skip a beat.

planning on slabbing it? (i wouldnt. i would need to peek inside every so often)

neil

I do plan on getting it slabbed. I can always read the reprint if I want to re-read the story.

Mike

don't slab it. read it! Reading the reprint sucks compared to the real thing. thats the whole joy of owning a restored key IMO - you can read it without worry cause if somehow it gets damaged it can be fixed by the restorer and its no big deal. I had several restored keys and i think you will be happier enjoying them unslabbed. You can't look through the interior or even appreciate the excellent work done by the restorer properly in a slab. Nice book BTW.

don't slab it. read it! Reading the reprint sucks compared to the real thing. thats the whole joy of owning a restored key IMO - you can read it without worry cause if somehow it gets damaged it can be fixed by the restorer and its no big deal. I had several restored keys and i think you will be happier enjoying them unslabbed. You can't look through the interior or even appreciate the excellent work done by the restorer properly in a slab. Nice book BTW.

:signfunny:

Hey, and here it is. Story behind this one. A used books store owner in my town comes across this at an estate sale. He's wise to ebay etc and wants just a ton of money for it. I make him a reasonable offer and he declines, no big deal. Well, I come across a large collection of 500 Playboys from the 1960's to the 1990's and ask him if he'd consign them. He hmmms and hawwws about how they don't sell for much (which they don't) and isn't all that interested. I ask about the AF15 and he says he still has it that some of the local dealers really downgraded its condition calling it poor or fair at best. I ask about a trade for the Playboys and he is insulted if I think he'd do a straight deal for them. Of course not.

Long story short on the negotiation. He takes about 100 of the 60's and 70s Playboys plus $1700 for it. I'll take that deal all day. Fun to play hookey from work over a 2 hour lunch to make the deal happen.

I really like how it has no tape, stains, large pieces missing, ink marks, spine splits or marvel chipping.

It has it's issues but it's a sweet low grade copy. Raw too, and I haven't read this book from the original so that'll be fun.

scan0001.jpg

scan0004-1.jpg

scan0002.jpgscan0003.jpg

Wow, thanks for enlighting us about the whole AF 15 scenario. I'm now relieved that I didn't pursue that book.. Phew.. And I was gonna say that whomever is the winner of that book got real good deal

Looks like someone didn't get their book.

DragQueen Feedback Update

Anyone that bid that much with a seller with that little feedback should know better.

Not to mention they bought it from someone that sells drag queen costumes.

...AND models them in the auction!

:screwy:

Wow, thanks for enlighting us about the whole AF 15 scenario. I'm now relieved that I didn't pursue that book.. Phew.. And I was gonna say that whomever is the winner of that book got real good deal

Looks like someone didn't get their book.

DragQueen Feedback Update

Anyone that bid that much with a seller with that little feedback should know better.

Not to mention they bought it from someone that sells drag queen costumes.

...AND models them in the auction!

:screwy:

Fer' cryin' out loud! What a...! :makepoint:

ecbd_1.JPG

Heres my copy, I know its a pence and I know its got scribble on the front and I know its a 1.0 at best,,,, but it complete and its mine.I intend to upgrade when I win the lottery or sell my screenplay!

AF152.jpg

How the heck is that only a 1.0?1? lol

You get some nice quality scans and post 'em. Based off that pic, I'd ballpark you into the 2.0-3.5 range. Great looking book, now get those scans!-)

Yeah, I'm guessing 2.5 to 3.0 from that scan.

You get some nice quality scans and post 'em. Based off that pic, I'd ballpark you into the 2.0-3.5 range. Great looking book, now get those scans!-)

Its the mylar that is making it look better than it really is! Its not brittle but it is a little frail when handeling.

Its the mylar that is making it look better than it really is! Its not brittle but it is a little frail when handeling.

And that's probably allowable in a 2.0 or so grade range. Trust us, much better than you're thinking it is...

Heres my copy, I know its a pence and I know its got scribble on the front and I know its a 1.0 at best,,,, but it complete and its mine.I intend to upgrade when I win the lottery or sell my screenplay!

AF152.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship)

wow a pence copy. my fave book in9d. if you do upgrade i'll buy this one from you in time payments for the rest of my life. again wow. (worship)