• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Wow indeed. Not a bad idea to hoard these issues especially he if bought many of them 10-20 years ago. Another 15 years or so and they could be a nice chunk of retirement money.

most were bought in the 70's and early 80's... I Think he told me most he spent on an issue was his nicest af 15 (probably a 9.0) was $2000

Very smart guy, he's sitting on a small fortune. :cloud9:

Wow indeed. Not a bad idea to hoard these issues especially he if bought many of them 10-20 years ago. Another 15 years or so and they could be a nice chunk of retirement money.

most were bought in the 70's and early 80's... I Think he told me most he spent on an issue was his nicest af 15 (probably a 9.0) was $2000

Very smart guy, he's sitting on a small fortune. :cloud9:

yep...I remember when he bought a case of Star Trek mego aliens from an old Toy Shop add (this is 1995 or so)... I called on the same ad, and the seller told me it had just "sold", and was kind enough to give me the buyers contact info... we struck up some conversations (no real practical internet to speak of back then) and we ended up friends and have done a TON of business together... but son of a gun if he won't sell me one of those AF15 doh!

New to the forums and new to collecting for the most part. I received this a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it. Graded a 3.5

IMG_0001.jpg

I never wanted a low grade AF 15 until I saw this copy! That sure is a nice 3.5 :luhv:

I'm selling this on ebay and I've had an offer I am thinking about so I figured that I may as well show it off to the club one last time while I'm still a member.

-William

DSC00379-1.jpg

beautiful book..now..TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!!!

I'm selling this on ebay and I've had an offer I am thinking about so I figured that I may as well show it off to the club one last time while I'm still a member.

-William

DSC00379-1.jpg

Depends on the offer you received

-William

It's a bit less then I hoped for but still a very decent offer. One of my hesitations is that it has been mentioned to me that "dry cleaning" the book may very well bump it to a 5.5 or even a 6.0 (depending on how well it works) so I could be leaving many $1000's on the table.... hm

I don't really know if I want to go through with that process though so I will probably just take the offer. We shall see.

-William

It's a bit less then I hoped for but still a very decent offer. One of my hesitations is that it has been mentioned to me that "dry cleaning" the book may very well bump it to a 5.5 or even a 6.0 (depending on how well it works) so I could be leaving many $1000's on the table.... hm

I don't really know if I want to go through with that process though so I will probably just take the offer. We shall see.

Well, if you are satisfied with the offer, I'd take it. Besides, I think that AF 15's have hit their plateau as prices in almost all grades have leveled off compared to last year. I am not sure how dry cleaning can improve the condition of the book. It doesn't seem "dirty" to me. With the creased up spine and tick marks, I think that the book was fairly graded. IMHO, i believe that it won't get a bump if resubmitted even with dry cleaning, but what do I know.

Hope your offer was reasonable.

Last GPA on an AF 15 in 5.0 was $12k! Not a pedigree. Maybe it had white pages?

12 month average is $8531

2009 (1) $12,000Hi

Feb-27-2009 $12,000 Cert# 0144312001

2008 (6) $11,353Hi $4,652Lo

Oct-24-2008 $4,652 Cert# 0071152001

Oct-11-2008 $8,707 Cert# 0071152001

Sep-28-2008 $8,636 Cert# 0901116001

Aug-07-2008 $11,353 Cert# 0911051001

Jun-17-2008 $7,200 Cert# 0903469001

May-22-2008 $7,170 Cert# 0910427001

2007 (4) $7,170Hi $5,000Lo

Working...

2006 (5) $5,475Hi $4,650Lo

Working...

2005 (6) $4,950Hi $3,450Lo

1.0 to 2.0 for less than 3grand is ok. Will prices skyrocket for these grades after recession

I'm not so sure they ever will... last Comiclink auction (mid March 2009) showed a decline in lowgrade prices which "sunk" to 2007 levels.

CGC 3.5 VG- final price : $4,001

The other grading company 3.5 VG- final price : $3,225

CGC 3.0 GVG final price : $4,200

CGC 2.0 GD final price : $3,050

CGC 1.0 FR final price : $1,222

Prices have skyrocketed from late 2007 through to late 2008... prices will continue to grow for the higher grade books, but I think the prices on the lower grades have peaked.

I know we went back and forth about the above prices in the Comiclink March auctions and some were saying that it was a fluke due to too much AF15s being offered at once, or that the $4000 price for the CGC 3.5 was due to the fact that it had a piece of (non-resto) tape on the inside of the cover.

But yesterday the first comparable book was ending in a public no-reserve auction (Comicconnect) and that CGC 3.5 ended at ...$3750.

I saw 2.0's sell at that price during the December/January madness. I was always expecting prices to come down as I felt that the price was artificially high due to speculation and fear. A lot of people overpaid because they thought the supply would dry up and they never would get a copy, and a lot fo people bought high with the intention to sell higher a few months down the road.

Will be interesting to see what this does to the even lower grades and for what price 2.0's to 3.0's will be selling.

Link to auction

These will go back up when Spiderman 4 comes out next summer. buy them when they are cheap.

You mean in 2011 when the next movie is scheduled to be released ?

These will go back up when Spiderman 4 comes out next summer. buy them when they are cheap.

You mean in 2011 when the next movie is scheduled to be released ?

ooopps, your right, that gives people now a 2 year window for AF 15 to drop in low grade. :) Should be interesting to see when these will bottom out over the next year in low grade.