• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I remember 2 of them at 16K and 18K last year...so, 25K is not "that" far off of a normal increase... and, what some folks don't know or don't realize, the 7.0 that sold for 40K is now a higher grade :whistle:

Whoa, decent price for a 7.5 then. I don't think AF 15 will decrease much from recent levels, it just won't keep increasing at the same rate as it has the last two years. I was amazed for years before it shot up in 2007 that it was as accessibly-priced as it was given that it's probably the most in-demand key book on the planet.

However, I'm in the market for a copy right now, so I'd be absolutely fine with very short-term dip in prices! :wishluck::banana:

well, in the past 2-3 months ("recent" levels), AF15's in 6.0 and higher have fallen by over 20% across the board (some as much as 35%)...so that is a decent correction right there!

lower grade copies (the 2.0-4.0 range) that once were fetching $5-6K (heck, there are still a few BIN on ebay in the 6500+ range for 3.0!!!!) are back in the $3K-4K range...about where they should be...

so, it seems we have had a HUGE pricing correction lately, and maybe now settling back into some sort of reality for FMV...

that said, if the economy improves, etc, prices should start to rise again, so now is as good of time as any to purchase, especially if you can do so at 20-35% off 90 day GPA avg (thumbs u

With two more Spider-man movies expected in the next six years, right now low grade lull but expect it jump again once the movies come out.
you are very likely correct...but, there is a mid/high grade lull too, so now might be the best chance to procure a nice copy (thumbs u

I remember 2 of them at 16K and 18K last year...so, 25K is not "that" far off of a normal increase... and, what some folks don't know or don't realize, the 7.0 that sold for 40K is now a higher grade :whistle:

Whoa, decent price for a 7.5 then. I don't think AF 15 will decrease much from recent levels, it just won't keep increasing at the same rate as it has the last two years. I was amazed for years before it shot up in 2007 that it was as accessibly-priced as it was given that it's probably the most in-demand key book on the planet.

However, I'm in the market for a copy right now, so I'd be absolutely fine with very short-term dip in prices! :wishluck::banana:

well, in the past 2-3 months ("recent" levels), AF15's in 6.0 and higher have fallen by over 20% across the board (some as much as 35%)...so that is a decent correction right there!

lower grade copies (the 2.0-4.0 range) that once were fetching $5-6K (heck, there are still a few BIN on ebay in the 6500+ range for 3.0!!!!) are back in the $3K-4K range...about where they should be...

so, it seems we have had a HUGE pricing correction lately, and maybe now settling back into some sort of reality for FMV...

that said, if the economy improves, etc, prices should start to rise again, so now is as good of time as any to purchase, especially if you can do so at 20-35% off 90 day GPA avg (thumbs u

I guess I missed the boat on the AF15s in 6.0 falling 20%. I paid well over guide for mine a month ago. So it goes...but I'm very happy with it...that's the main thing.

I guess I missed the boat on the AF15s in 6.0 falling 20%. I paid well over guide for mine a month ago. So it goes...but I'm very happy with it...that's the main thing.

that is the key...if you are happy with the book at the price you paid, then ^^

With two more Spider-man movies expected in the next six years, right now low grade lull but expect it jump again once the movies come out.
you are very likely correct...but, there is a mid/high grade lull too, so now might be the best chance to procure a nice copy (thumbs u

Couldn't agree more!

Cant blame them for trying Rick, for a short while people were paying beyond MV for the 15s. But yep, the prices have come back to reality, the ebay guys asking 6k and up for 3.0-3.5 copies will NEVER sell them (at least not for ten years in that price range)

Upgraded my 1.5 for this 3.5

My best copy. I'm happy with it since it doesn't have any marvel chipping

Nice copy, hope you did not pay in the 5k range for it, prices are coming down back to reality, watching how so many copies are sitting around on ebay, the only thing I can tell everyone who wants a AF 15..... wait around till the sellers start understanding that 6k for a 3.5 will NOT happen. 3.5 is a 4k book a 4.0 is a $4500- 5k book , dont pay more

Living in Sweden, AF #15's don't turn up very often in my neighborhood... therefore it was a magic moment when I arrived at Incognito Comics booth at the Collectormania show in Milton Keynes last weekend. My first close encounter with the grail! This one was signed by Stan Lee in 1977 and cost £1790 - the condition was about 3.5 at best, so even if I had the money, I think I would have passed. I bought three other early Amazing Spider-man issues instead, now only 28 issues are missing! If I can keep my job, I hope to complete the collection within the next few years...

jagmedaf15y.jpg

So much for incognition... lol Sorry Dave! Actually it was the other dealer (whose name I don't know) that let me take the picture, but a big and heartful thankyou to both of you, you really made the trip worthwhile! I hope we meet again in the future!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: